Chapter 46: A Lost Heartbeat

Shawn's P.O.V.
"Are you sure you know how to do it Sierra?" Cameron yells through the bathroom door.

"Yes Cameron. It's pretty easy. You just have to pee on." she saids aggravated.

"Cameron she's got it." I say laughing, grabbing ahold of his hand. "She probably knows more about pregnancy tests then you do anyways." I say smiling. Just being able to say that makes me smile; a pregnancy test. Sierra is a gestational surrogate mother. That means that the egg did not come from her, but the fertilized eggs and sperm were implanted in her and are healthy and living. There were actually some flaws in Cameron and I's plans. We wanted to have two babies with each of our sperm. It turns out that usually the fertilized eggs don't attach inside the surrogate mother, meaning that only one of ours could attach or maybe two of one of our babies could attach. So when the babies are born we are going to have them DNA tested and Gina and Sierra are gonna be the only ones to know which baby is who's; or if both babies are one of ours.

"Well." Sierra says sadly. She unlocks the bathroom door, looking rather gloomily. The doctor said that if the fertilized eggs would have attached that the pregnancy tests would say she's pregnant right now. If not, then that probably means that they didn't attach and we'd have to do the whole process over again. We all look around at each other sadly. "I'm sorry to have to tell you guys this." she says, still sounding sad. She turns the pregnancy test over showing a blue plus sign. "But you're going to be fathers." she yells jumping up and down. I look over at Cameron and feel like crying from happiness. I pull Cameron into a hug, connecting our lips. My hands are against his face, and his hands on mine, making our kiss more passionate. I lean my forehead on his, breaking the kiss.

"We're gonna be dads." I say smiling.

"I know." he says excitedly. We start jumping up and down, Sierra and Gina joining us.

"I'm gonna be a grandma." Gina exclaims excitedly. I grab Cameron's face.

"We're going to be dads." I say. He smiles and kisses my lips.

"When can we take her to get her first ultrasound?" Cameron asks his mom excitedly.

"In a few weeks." He looks back at me, smiles, and kisses me again.

"We're gonna be fathers." he proclaims.

*****

"Sierra stop moving." I say annoyed. She's been nonstop aggravating me since we got in the car.

"Shawn I love that we can argue just like real brothers and sisters." she says smiling.

"Yah." I say sarcastically.

"Calm down baby boy." Cameron says to me.

"I'm sorry guys, I just had a stressful day at the studio."

"It's ok Shawn." Sierra says, hitting my shoulder. We're sitting in the back and Cameron is driving.

"When am I gonna get to hear your new music babe?" Cameron whines.

"You've heard them all." I say laughing. "I always sing my songs to you or around the apartment before I record them."

"Yah I know that." he says. "But like I wanna hear the finished version too. Sometimes you just say words or phrases and I don't get to hear the whole song."