Chapter 16: Equally Good News

Shawn's P.O.V:
"Holy shit Tara." I say as we are walking to her car.

"I know Shawn!" she responds back. "I can't believe that just happened."

"How am I going to tell Bart? What am I going to tell Cameron?!"

"I don't know but this is big Shawn. I'm so happy and surprised all at the same time." I get into the passenger side, sitting down and buckling.

"I can't believe this is actually happening Tara. Cameron is gonna be so excited!" I literally can't contain my excitement.

"I know! You're going to be touring the world Shawn! For 6 months! I'm so happy for you!"

"Gosh, who'd of thought Island had been planning this for me. They're so sweet."

"I know. Island Records is the best." I look at the clock and it reads 9:34pm. I pull out my phone and scroll through my notifications. I have an unopened text from Cameron.

Cameron: Hey baby, how's the meeting going?

It was sent at 3:14pm.

Shawn: Hey Cammy sorry I didn't read your message till now. I have amazing news to tell you when I get home! Can't wait!😫😝

Cameron: Shawny I have equally good news and I can't wait to tell you! You're gonna be so excited!😝💜

What good news did Cameron have for me? And I highly doubt it's as important as a world tour. It's probably some news about his Uber job or something. "Shawn we're going to Red Lobster, my treat." Tara exclaims excitedly.

"Are you sure Tara? You don't have to do that."

"Yes I do Shawn. I'm so proud of you."

"Fine." I say giving up.

Shawn: Tara and I are getting Red Lobster for dinner. You wanna join us?😏

Cameron: Aww but I'm all comfortable in bed😫

Shawn: It's ok babe! Seriously. Tara and I are gonna have fun. You want me to bring you something back to eat?

Cameron: If you don't mind😁

Shawn: I don't mind. Anything for you lovely💜. What do you want?

Cameron: Idc. Surprise me with something you think I'll like.

Shawn: Ok babe. Love you😘 See in a couple of hours.

Cameron: Love you too💜💜

I put my phone back in my pocket. "Don't let me forget to get Cameron something to go."

"Ok." Tara says. "How's married life treating yah by the way?"

"Good. I've never been so happy with Cameron."

"So I assume you asked him about the rumors I heard?" Honestly I've just kind of been ignoring them. There's no way Cameron would lie to me like that, especially about something so big.

"Actually I didn't. Cause no offense but I just don't think they're true."

"Woah ok Shawn." Tara says, raising her hands off the steering wheel like I was pointing a gun at her.

"I'm just saying that if something big like that were happening in his life he would tell me."

"I believe you Shawn."

"Like he would never keep something like that from me. He doesn't even like acting that much. He would of told me."

"Shawn I said I believe you. But it's sounding like you don't even believe yourself." Tara says making this face (😬) (lol I didn't know how to describe that facial expression)