Chapter 24: Meeting Her

Shawn's P.O.V.
Last night as I was trying to go to sleep I went through my calendar to calculate how long it would be till I see Cameron. I found out that we'd be spending exactly 100 days apart. 100 days is way to damn long! It's only been about 21 days. I'm in Barcelona, Spain today. My phone time reads 2:04pm. Which means for Cameron it's 4:04am. He's asleep, I'm not gonna bother him. I hear a knock on my hotel room door. I walk over, opening it to an excited looking Tara. "Shawn have you seen this yet?" she asks, walking into the room.

"Seen what?" She scrolls through her phone a little more showing me something on twitter.

"This girl has been coming to all of your concerts. She's bought a ticket for all of them up till your month break when you go back to L.A.

"Oh my goodness, that's freaking awesome." I say. I love when my fans do things like this. It's so cool.

"So I was thinking, what if you gave her a backstage pass. It would not only make her day but your fans would have a field day over it."

"Sure, that actually sounds really cool. I'd like to meet her."

"Ok so I would go ahead and tweet at her and then I can pull a few strings and have them give her a backstage pass before the show." Tara clicks around for a second on her phone. "Ok so she's gonna meet you for just a few minutes before the show, and then come backstage afterwards. Sound ok?"

"Yah. That's really cool. What's her name again?"

"Let me look." She starts scrolling through her phone again. "Her name is Nevada Sholls."

"That's a beautiful name." I say. And it is. Tara leaves and I go to Twitter on my phone. I search for Nevada and find her account. She's actually pretty cute. It's weird; like I know I'm gay, but I still think girls are very beautiful. I could just never see myself living with a girl like how Cameron and I live. I continue scrolling through her account, not stalking her, just trying to know a little bit about her before tonight. I've seriously never seen a girl like her before. She has light brown hair, and honey brown eyes that literally sparkle in all of her pictures. I need to leave soon to go practice set up on stage.

*****

"Shawn?! Shawn?" I turn around to see an excited Tara fast walking towards me. I was on center stage. The whole arena was empty and I couldn't wait to see it so alive and full of people. Music truly makes me soul happy.

"What Tara?" I say laughing at her.

"You know that girl I showed you earlier? Um Ne- Na- oh what's her name?!"

"Nevada."

"Yes Nevada! Well Nevada is backstage right now ready to meet you. I need your phone so I can take some good pictures for Twitter and Instagram." I roll my eyes and pull out my phone, handing it to Tara. "Let's go." I smile and follow her, with my guitar still strapped around my neck to my body. I look down at my guitar as we walk, going over the major chords I'd be playing in my songs tonight. "Shawn this is Nevada Sholls. Nevada, meet Shawn Mendes." I look up from my guitar, my eyes meeting hers. Woah. I thought her eyes were sparkly on Instagram; her pictures pale in comparison to what they look like right now. "Shawn? Shawn?" Tara asks. I break my trance.

"What, did you say something?"

"I asked if you wanted anything to drink?"

"No thanks. I'm fine."

"Ok I'll be right back." She looks back at Nevada and smiles. Nevada smiles back, her mouth sporting the most beautiful white teeth.

"Hi I'm Nevada." she says. She is unlike any fan I've ever met before. Most fans, as if it were an instinct, run up to me, begging me for pictures and hugs. She simply just stood there smiling at me.

"I'm Shawn." I say smiling. I let out a small laugh. "I guess you probably already knew that." I say laughing again.

"Yah." she agrees. Why am I being so awkward?

"So I heard you've came to all my concerts so far this tour?"

"Yes I have. You're such an amazing singer. I love hearing you perform live."

"Aww that's so sweet." I say, not blushing. "You wanna take a selfie or something?"

"We don't have to. I feel like most of your fans forget to remember that you're actually a person and don't deserve to be constantly showered with hugs and selfies and high pitched screams."

"You have no idea." I say laughing. "Here, I don't mind." Tara had handed me back my phone before she walked away. I get closer, standing right next to her. I smile and take a picture. She smells so good, like a mix between clean clothes and fresh flowers.

"You look so funny." she says laughing and looking at my face.

"What do you mean I look so funny?" I say over dramatically and laughing too. She points out what she thinks is funny in the picture.

"See what I mean?"

"Ok I kinda see it now." I say agreeing with her. I see security start walking over towards me. I guess the show is about to start. "I guess the show is about to start." I say out loud to her.

"Yay, I'm so excited. You're gonna kill it."

"Thanks." I say smiling. "I'll see you after the show?" I ask.

"That's the plan." she says smiling. She walks away with security, turning around to wave at me before she left the room. Why was she stuck in my head? Why is she so different from anyone I've ever talked to? I'm feeling things in my body that I've never felt before. This is so strange. It's fine. It's probably just me being apart from Cameron. It's starting to have adverse side affects on my body. I'm gonna call him as soon as the show is over.