Chapter 54: Six Pounds, Nine Ounces

Cameron's P.O.V.
"You all ready?" I ask Sierra.

"Yes. Let's go." she says. "And by the way there may or may not be some liquid in your back seat." She makes a disgusted look as she looks at her damp sweatpants. Shawn runs up behind me.

"Your mom's gonna drive her car, you want me to ride with her or in the back with Sierra?" I look at him and then the back of my car. "Ride with us." I smile. He pecks a small kiss on my lips.

"Let's go get our baby." he says smiling. He runs around the back of the car to the opposite side. I open the drivers door and get inside. Upon opening the door I hear Sierra's screams.

"Ahhh." she screams.

"Are you ok?" I ask. Just a second ago, she was completely calm.

"Ahhh!" she screams again. "Get me to the hospital!"

"Sierra it's gonna be ok, let's get your breathing under control. Come on; in through your nose out through your mouth." Shawn says to her. I meet his eyes in the rear view mirror. He stares back, smiling at me. I'm so glad he is able to calm Sierra down.

"We've got about 10 more minutes." I say to the two of them.

"I'm gonna call Nash. We told him he could be there when the baby was born."

"Oh yah, I almost forgot." I tell him. It's been a few weeks since I've last talked to Nash. Shawn and I have been spending every minute we could with each other. I've been holding off on the sex though, because I know this icing curiosity is killing him.

"Hey Nash." I look back into the mirror to see Shawn holding the phone in between his ear and shoulder. I think he's holding Sierra's hand with his hand. "It's happening!" He listens for a few seconds. "Yes it's finally happening! We're heading to the hospital right now. Ok. I'll see you there." He hangs up the phone. After a few more minutes of driving we finally arrive at the hospital.

"Let's go." I say. I help Sierra out of the car, supporting her while she walks into the hospital.

"I'm going into labor!" she screams. Some nurses rush over and immediately put her on a bed. I grab Shawn's hand and follow Sierra's bed with his hand in mine. We go to walk into the room.

"Who's the father? Only the father can be back with her right now."

"One of us." I say to her. She looks down at our joined hands. "She's our surrogate mother." I add.

"Oh." She rolls her eyes. I'm getting really sick and tired of homophobic people. However, I don't have time to deal with her right now.

"Can we go back now?" I ask.

"Yes." she says turning around and walking away. What a bitch. We walk into the room, instantly hearing Sierra's screams.

"This hurts so much." she screams. After a few seconds she calms down. "These contractions are killing me." she says. The doctor comes in to assess her.

"She's still got a few inches more and then she'll be ready to have this baby. It'll probably be an hour or two." he says after examining her. He leaves the room. After he walks out, my mother rushes in.