Chapter 36: All Good Things Must Come To An End

Shawn's P.O.V.
Ok so last night I called Cameron and he would not answer his phone. I legit called 57 times. Is that too much? I'm sorry but I love him and we need to talk about this. Communication always helps us. I'm hoping that after sleeping on it for a night, he'll want to talk to me today. I feel like such an idiot. I should have just told him what happened. What if he doesn't want to forgive me? What if he doesn't forgive me? This can't really be the end of us could it? You can't think like that Shawn. Stop it! I start calling Cameron again and sure enough he won't answer. I go to his Instagram and see he has a new picture posted. It was a very sad looking selfie. He wasn't crying in it, but his face looked very worn out. He was clearly very sad. The caption read: "You were the one person whom I thought could never hurt me. My dear how truly wrong I was." Damn. I felt my chest drop when I read that. Like my chest legit is hurting right now. Goosebumps ran down my arms as this sat in. I hurt Cameron and he honestly meant what he said; he trusted me with everything he had and I ruined it. Ok calm down Shawn. I feel tear coming out of my eyes. You did this to yourself Shawn! I get dressed and get out of bed. I look at myself in the mirror. I literally find it hard to look at myself right now. I hurt Cameron; I hurt my Cameron. I hurt him in a way that I'm never going to be able to fix. No matter how hard I try, no matter what I do, I'm never going to be able to undo what I did. I need to talk to Cameron. I'm leaving Nashville tonight so I need to find him before we leave. I still have four more performances on this tour before I can go home. I call my driver. He said he'd be here in 10 minutes. I call Nash and wait for him to answer. "Hello?"

"Nash oh my God thank you for answering. I need to talk to you."

"What do you want Shawn?"

"Do you know where Cameron is? I have to talk to him."

"Haven't you done enough damage Shawn." Ouch. Cameron must have already told him.

"I just need to talk to my husband Nash." I here Nash grown sadly, like he's fighting back tears.

"He's not your husband anymore stupid." Ouch.

"Why would you say that Nash? He's still my husband. Don't say stuff like that." My heart is starting to beat faster.

"No stupid. I came to tell you guys some really important news." he pauses for a second. "You're guys' marriage was not official. The preacher's church didn't approve your marriage because you're a same sex couple." Woah. Wait. So what he's basically telling me is that we're not married, on a technicality? So just because we're not legally married does that not mean we're not married in our hearts? What if Cameron doesn't wanna legally marry me now?

"Look Nash I just need to talk to Cameron. Can you please tell me where he is. I'm begging you. If I never had to ask for anything again this would be the last thing I ask for. I just need to talk to him." I hear Nash breathing into the phone. Come on Nash. Just tell me.

"He's at the park on the east side of town."

"Thank you so much Nash. You're not gonna regret this."

"Before you go I just want you to know Shawn I don't know what your expecting to do but honestly you can't fix this. No one can; you have forever ruined him." The phone call ends. Damn. I walk out of the hotel, my driver just showing up. I get into the car and tell him where to go. First I ask if he could take me to the nearest flower shop. I get out at the flower shop. I look around for a few minutes until I find the most beautiful roses. I only need one. I know it's cliche but roses seem to be me and Cameron's flower. He brought me roses the night he confessed his feelings to me. I hold back tears as I think about that. Cameron was so happy that night; so in love with me. I get back into the car after getting the rose. Now I just need to find Cameron at this park.