Chapter 22: Off To England

Shawn's P.O.V.
"Tara can we please stop talking about it." I say annoyed. It had been 2 days since Cameron left and we were getting ready to leave to head to the airport.

"All I'm saying Shawn is that you need to be more careful. I was right the whole time about his whole movie thing."

"I don't care Tara."

"You know if he kept one secret from you, he could keep another."

"Tara ok. You were right. You happy I admitted it? However. Cameron is not going to do anything while we're apart though. He loves me too much." I shove the last clothing I had out into my suit case. I zip it up and walk to the kitchen.

"I'm not saying he will do anything while he's in New Zealand, all I'm saying is that it's just a good idea to be alert. Ok now I'm done talking about it."

"Good. You ready?" She picks up her bag, nodding in agreement. "Let's go." I pick up my suitcase, we had other suitcases in the car, and headed off to the airport.

*****

"So what's the time difference between you two right now?"

"Well New Zealand is 19 hours ahead of L.A." I look at my phone time. 1:33. "It's 1:33 so where Cameron is it's like 8:33 in the morning."

"I wander if he's awake." she says smiling. I was so confused by her sometimes. Does she like Cameron does she not like Cameron, I honestly have no idea.

"Let's find out." I say smiling.

Shawn: Hey babe💜💜💜☺️😘
1:34

Cameron: Baby boy! 😘💜💜💜
1:36

Shawn: I miss you so freaking much.😫
1:36

Cameron: Aww, I miss you too babe.💜
1:37

Shawn: How's your morning going?
1:37

Cameron: Better now that you texted☺️
1:38

Shawn: Aww☺️. Do you like it there?!?
1:38

Cameron: I like it a lot. I just wish I could get used to the time. I feel so tired because of the time difference. It's so weird.
1:40

Shawn: I'm sorry you're having a hard time adjusting.😒
1:41

Cameron: It's fine, really. There's just something I really really want right now😩
1:41

Shawn: What is it?!?😱
1:42

Cameron: You😏💜
1:42

Shawn: Baaaaaaabe😊 I love you sooo much
1:43

Cameron: I love you too Shawny💜
1:43

Shawn: I gotta go, we're boarding the plane right now. It's gonna be a 13 hour flight🙈😩
1:44

Cameron: Ok. I love you! Have a good day baby boy. Text me or call me when you land. I wanna know that you made it ok💜
1:45

Cameron is literally so freaking sweet and adorable.

Shawn: I will baby. I love you too💜 We can FaceTime when I get there.
1:45

Tara and I pick up our carry on bags and boarded the plane. We were flying first class and I got the window seat. After about 20 minutes the plane took off and we were in the air. I look over at Tara. "Tara can I ask you a question?"

"Sure Shawn." she says smiling. Her light brown eyes complimented her dark brown hair. Today she had curled it, and the curls sat effortlessly on her head, looking very nice.

"I was just wandering something about you."

"What about me?" she asks laughing.

"Well it's about you and Cameron." I say. Her smile kind of fades but she manages to keep it on her face.

"Oh, ok." she says.

"I was just wandering if you liked him. Cause some times I feel like you do, and then other times I feel like you don't and it's just confusing me so I wanted to know what you thought."

"Well Shawn I don't dislike Cameron, I mean I barely know the guy. I know that your face lights up when you talk about him; that your eyes sparkle when someone else is talking about him; that when you get bored you always play with that gorgeous wedding ring on your finger." I smiled and blushed at all of this. "So Shawn I'm not gonna say that I dislike him, because he is clearly very important to you, probably more important than anyone in this world. But I do know that I'm here to be your manager and to protect you. And I know that when your guys' relationship started it was a little rocky. You broke up because he wasn't willing to admit that he was gay. He wouldn't listen to you when you said you weren't cheating with that Josh guy." It had been a while since I thought of Josh. I had nightmares about him sometimes, but that was the extent of my thoughts about him. "And I know that he was the one driving the car the night you were in a car accident and almost died. So no Shawn, I don't dislike him, but I definitely am going to watch out for you, even if that means being cautious and hesitant of your husband." Wow. At least she was honest with me. I thought about everything she said. It was and wasn't true. Yes Cameron was afraid to come out when we first started dating but that wasn't his fault. And yah we got into a fight about Josh but that's because Josh was crazy. And Cameron driving that night has nothing to do with the accident. Had I been driving then we still would've been in the accident. That semi driver was drunk. However, it was strange that she pointed all of this out. I had never noticed how every time we had a fight that it could be drawn back to be Cameron's fault. That's kind of weird to think about.

"Well thank you for being honest Tara." I say smiling. "I'm gonna take a nap. Can you wake me up in a few hours?"

"Yah definitely. Night Shawn." she says laughing.

"Night Tara." Who cares if it was 2 o' clock in the afternoon, we still said 'night'. I closed my eyes and thought of Cameron; how is big strong arms would feel wrapped around me right now, as I would fall asleep cuddled up to his chest. Blissfully unaware of all other problems because my love for him would drown out all of the other horrible, or negative, or confusing thoughts of my life.