2

Felix's pov
It's Friday and the last day of this term. I was so eager for the holidays and yet I wasn't at the same time. Holidays meant no school, no homework, no early morning and no Cry...

I don't know why but I've just been wanting to speak to him again since the day I first took notice in him properly. I just didn't know how.

*BRIIIIIING*

I sighed as the final bell rang. I got up and lazily packed my stuff away. Everyone had already rushed out if the class and I was one of the few students remaining.

"Felix?" My teacher called. I walked up to his desk, a confused look on my face.

"Yes sir?" (I never call my teachers by their actual names. Just Sir or Miss... Is that weird?) I responded half-heartedly.

"I expect to see you at the school festival this weekend," he said as he typed away at him computer. I groaned.

"But siiiiiir. It's the holidays. Why would I wanbto cone back to this shit hole any more than I already have to?" I said frustrated.

"Language. And because I need you to host the award ceremony. You're my only student that can say a speech without stuttering or being an idiot," he said sternly.

I was true. I was the only kid in my whole year that could perform in front of people comfortably without making stupid jokes or internally freaking out.

"What about a different year? I have plans," I begged. It was sorta true. I had planned to stay in bed all day.

"It has to be this year and I don't care what plans you have. They're obviously not important if you took your time to pack up," he responded looking up.

I opened my mouth to reply but closed it when I realized there was no way getting out of it. I let out an angered huff before storming out if the room.

As I neared the entrance if the school I heard screams and yell and chants. A fight. Usually I would ignore them and go around but something seemed off about this fight. Why would people linger in school grounds to pick a fight when it was the holidays?

I pushed my way to the front of the crowd and gasped when I saw Cry being pinned against a locker by the schools biggest Jock and the schools biggest jerk.

I didn't know what I was doing but I couldn't just leave him to be beater up. Without thinking I ran forward and jumped on the jock, pulling him away from Cry.

Cry fell to the ground clutching his neck, his mask falling to the floor and rolling towards one of the jocks friends. The jock smirked and stomped on the hard plastic, a loud crack ringing out.

I had managed to get in between Cry and the two jocks and coldly glared at them. They laughed before pushing me backwards. I grabbed the arm of one, punching him right in the face. The crowd gasped as the jock fell backwards, being caught by his friend.

"Felix!" I quickly glance to my side to see Mark, Ken and Jack running towards me.

Jack quickly took his jumper off and wrapped it around Cry, who flinched to the sudden touch as he had been looking at the ground and not realized someone had approached him. Mark and Ken stood by me as we stared down the two jocks.

"How about you pick on someone your own size and not a defenceless kid next time jock," Mark spat. The jocks growled in return before walking away.

Mark and Ken told the crowd to 'Fuck off' in their words. I ran to Cry's side, who was shaking and sobbing. I put a hand on his shoulder to comfort him but he pulled away scared.

"Shhhh. It's okay Cry. We're not gonna hurt you I promise," I said softly. He stopped for a second and looked at me before looking around and quickly burying his face in my chest.

"Thank you," he chocked out. His voice was shaky but still sounded joyous to me. I rubbed his back and said soothing things to him.

When he calmed down he lifted his head from my chest and rubbed at his eyes. He then realized he wasn't wearing his mask and his eyes widened in shock. I saw the bright blue their depths. They were beautiful.

"M-my m-mask!" He stuttered out as he searches for it. He froze when he saw the two broken pieces on the ground. "Oh-h n-no."

His breathing came out short and hollow. More tears slipped out of his perfect eyes and he pulled Jack's jumper over his face.

He stumbled to his feet and opened the locker he had been pinned against, desperately rummaging through it before pulling out a small bottle.

He took in two pills before calming down slightly. His eyes stared at the pieces of his once perfect mask as he let out shaky breaths.

"You okay Cry?" I asked concerned. He shook his head and stumbled over to the pieces that lay broken on the floor, picking up the two pieces.

"I'm sorry," he whispered before running out of the school. I called after him but he kept running. Man he's fast.

I stooped at the front gate as he already disappeared from sight. I let out a sigh as my friends caught up to me.

"BETTER GIVE ME BACK MY JUMPER. ME MA WILL HATE ME IF I LOOSE IT!" Jack shouted after him in his loud Irish voice. I turned to him an he gave me an odd look.

"Really?" Mark asks for us all.

"What? That jumper cost fifty bucks!" He exclaimed. I sighed and rolled my eyes, looking back in the direction Cry had run off in.

"Do you think he'll come back?" Mark asked me. I shrugged my shoulders.

"I don't know but I have to worry about a stupid presentation for the school festival tomorrow," I groan as I remembered my previous problem.

"Haha, sucks to be you. That's why I always make dick jokes and pretend to stutter all the time," Ken laughed.

"Yeah well at least I pass," I shot back. He remained silent as Jack and Mark laughed at him. I said my goodbye and walked home but the whole time I couldn't get Cry's bright blue eyes out of my mind.