19

Opps

Felix's pov
Cry didn't leave the bathroom at all that afternoon. He wouldn't open the door or even answer when I tried to speak to him. I knew he was sitting against the door because I could hear his heavy breathing caught in his mask.

He didn't come out for dinner or even to come to bed. I had to use the bathroom downstairs to have a shower and do the normal bathroom based things (a politer way of saying he took a piss).

I had a restless sleep without Cry cradled in my arms and ended up just sitting against the door all night in silence. My mother came in to wake us up but gave me a sympathetic look when she saw me by the bathroom.

"Go get yourself some breakfast. There's an energy drink in the fridge for you. You look like you didn't get any sleep last night," she said softly.

"I didn't," I stated as I climbed to my feet and slumped downstairs.  She uttered a small 'I'll talk to him' as I passed her but I doubt she'll be able to do anything.

I grabbed the cold sugary drink from the fridge and dropped down onto the couch. My dad gave me a worried glance from the kitchen but I ignored it as I took a sip of the energy drink in my hand.

I looked up when I heard footsteps walking down the stairs. My mother was walking down with Cry slowly trailing behind her. Cry came over to me and stood in front of me.

"Felix i-," he started but I cut him off by standing up and pulling him into a hug.

"It's okay Cry. I understand," I said softly. He didn't speak again as he wrapped his arms around me tightly, balling his fists into my shirts and burying his unmasked face into my chest.

We stayed like this for a while until I noticed I needed to get to school. I let out a sigh and pulled away, looking into his desperate eyes as they pleaded for me to stay. But I couldn't stay.

"I have to go to school but I'll be back this afternoon okay. You just have fun and don't get into any trouble okay," I said with a slight smirk. He tried to smile but it fell short so he nodded his head.

I frowned a little, looking around to realize my parents had already gone to work. I smiled and turned back to Cry, lightly pecking his lips. I was relieved to see his smile grow and become more genuine.

"Promise to come back as soon as possible," he whispered.

"Of coarse I will," I said before giving him another quick kiss and hurrying out the door. I looked back to see him standing in the doorway, a slight sad look on his face as he gave a slight wave goodbye. I frowned slightly but waved back and returned my gaze to where I was headed.

~skip to after school~

I hurried out of the school grounds. I was frustrated and annoyed with everything. My last teacher wouldn't let me leave again as he bugged me about the speech competition and how he wanted me to enter and represent the school. I just wanted to get home to see Cry.

I had to explain to all my friends why Cry wasn't there and to some of the idiotic teachers that were oblivious about everything.

I walked down the road but stopped when I saw the road and footpath had been closed because a car had crashed into a power line and caused live wires to go everywhere. I had to take the long way home.

As I hurried past all the shops one caught my eye. It was a jewellery shop. Now, usually I wouldn't give a glance at the shop but one thing came to mind. I quickly ducked inside and looked around. A single item came into view and I smiled as I looked at it. Perfect.

Cry's POV
I lay on the floor to the bathroom as I listened for the front door to open. Felix was late and I couldn't stop the million thoughts flying through my head.

Did he forget his promise? Did he not want to see me? Did something bad happen? Did he find someone else?

I forced all the thoughts away as I heard the door open downstairs. I quickly jumped to my feet and ran downstairs.

Before Felix could even take his shoes off I tackled him into an embrace. He chuckled and hugged me back, resting his chin on my shoulder.

"Miss me?" He said quietly. I hugged him tighter to show him I did. He laughed again and rubbed my back gently before pulling away.

I wanted to whine at the sudden coldness that encased my body but my eyes trailed to the small bag in his hands.

As if reading my mind a smile spread across his face and he reached into the bag, pulling out a small box.

"I thought I should get you this. Its not much but it shows how much I love you," he said opening the box to reveal a shinning gold ring with silver embroidery on it.

I gasped at the beauty of it and carefully took it out of the box. Silver music notes danced across the gold surface and stood out in the gold. I noticed more silver writing on the lining of the ring.

I promise to love you forever

I felt tears come to my eyes as I looked back up at Felix. He had a gentle smile on his face. He opened his mouth to speak but I once again cut him off by hugging him tightly, showing him I promised the same.

We didn't need words to describe how we felt. His simple gift and my loving gesture being enough to show all our feelings to each other. I couldn't love him anymore and I now know he feels the exact same.