18

Cry's pov
After spending the whole day in the principals office I received a three day suspension for 'causing fights in school grounds'. Chey the fucking bitch went straight to the office and put on a fake teary face and lied to the principal. So when I showed up and told the truth he didn't believe me.

Thankfully, some people in my class stood up for me and said that it was Chey who approached me so I didn't get the full week like the jocks and her did. But I still had to be 'punished' for 'provoking the situation'. Like a suspension is a punishment anyway.

Felix waited for me outside the office and walked with me home as I ranted about how unfair it was even though I didn't really mind. When we reached our house though there was a second vehicle in the driveway.

"Did your dad say he was getting a new car?" I asked Felix but he just shook his head in confusion.

When we got inside I heard Felix's parents talking to someone in the living room. I went to the kitchen to get some water (you can see the kitchen from the living room BTW) but I heard the stranger speak up.

"I never thought I would see that mask again." 

I looked at the man confused. He had dark brown hair with a slight beard and hazel eyes. I realized I was wearing my mask but I didn't take it off.

"Excuse me?" I tried to say but it came out as an almost whisper. The man smiled and nodded to my mask.

"That mask. I didn't think I would see it again. It was so long ago when I last saw it," he said almost as if he were imagining it now.

I looked at Felix who was just as confused as I was at the moment. He almost glared at the man as he tried to distinguish who he may be.

"Who are you?" I ended up finding the courage to ask. The man almost looked sad now as he looked up at me.

"You were too young to remember me. I regretted leaving the moment I did but I had no other choice. Work always came first in my family," he said, confusing me even more.

"I asked who you were not your life story," I almost snapped, flinching at the harshness in my own voice. Felix grabbed my hand behind the bench and I felt myself relax.

"Cry sweetie," Felix's mother spoke up. "He's your father."

I stood there shocked. My grip on Felix's hand tightened as I stared at the man. He looked back at me apologetically as he stood up.

"I know it's a lot to take in Ryan but-," he started but I cut him off.

"It's not Ryan. It's Cry. Ryan died when that car crashed. I have never been Ryan. If you were around you would know," I almost spat. The man looked hurt by my words but nodded.

"Okay... Cry. I want you to hear me out," he paused as if waiting for me to object but I didn't. "I was called on a business trip to New York and at the same time your mother fell pregnant with you. I wasn't able to bring you all with me so I told her I would come back when I was done. But then the company needed me there for longer and I became unable to keep in contact with your mother as often."

He paused as he seemed to recollect himself and looked everywhere but me.

"When I finally had time to call her she didn't answer. I called so many times but no one picked up. I went back to Florida to look for you guys but you had moved. I looked everywhere but I had nothing to go off with. Her parents wouldn't talk to me, no one would. I went back to New York but j never forgot you guys. I was called a few years later and told there had been an accident," he stopped to stop himself from crying but tears already fell down my face. I remembered the accident as if it was happening right in front of me.

"I only assumed everyone had died and didn't realize you had survived. I didn't even realize you excited until a week ago. I was told my brother had gone to jail and someone needed to pick up his stuff from his house. I went and as I picked everything up I found a second bedroom... Your room. I was a photo of you and your brother and almost broke down when I realized what I had done. I'm so sorry Ry-Cry," he stopped as he waited for my reaction but I was too shocked to move. All this time.

"Don't blame my mom(so weird writing that soz) for anything. Don't blame your disappearance on her. You could have rejected the job offer but you didn't. You left her when she needed you the most. Left us," I said angrily as tears blurred my vision.

"I'm sorry," he tried to say but I shook my head.

"Sorry doesn't fix anything. If sorry could fix everything then they would still be alive.... But it doesn't. It doesn't matter how many times you say sorry, what happened happened. And you can't fix it," I said as my voice began to shake. He looked over at me sadly.

"Is there a reason why you decided to show up or did you just want to explain why you weren't there to begin with?" I asked as I avoided his gaze.

"I was hoping you would understand so that we could you know, start new," he said slowly.

"What do you mean, Start new?" I asked cautiously.

"I was hoping we could be a family again. Or well, for the first time really," he said with a slight smile.

"You had your chance to be a family and you ran away. I needed you before and you weren't there. You can't just show up and expect me to forget everything and move in with you," I said with anger in my now steady voice before turning and running upstairs.