Epilogue: The Last Cry (Last Part)

ALEX'S POV

Dati rati, lagi kong hinahanap ang amoy ng saya mula sa iba't ibang karanasan. Naging paborito kong laro ang pakikipagtagisan ng talas ng isipan at patayan ng dila. Ilang pagkakataon kong pinakita na wala akong sinasanto at walang ibang mas mahalaga para sa akin sa mundo na ito maliban sa pamilya at mga kaibigan ko na nanatili sa tabi ko mula sa unang yugto pa lamang ng buhay ko. Nandiyan din ang naranasan kong mamatayan, pumatay, at mamatay. 

I don't really know the reason why God have kept me alive this long. It's not that I wish to die. I've been asking the whole time for his reason. I've been longing for it ever since I had my greatest heartache when my parents died. How could I not ask? How could I not dare to? I lost Liam. I lost my parents. I lost the light to live on. 

But here I am, living not only for that light but also to the figure of a home that I have found with the greatest people that I have ever met. Everything was accomplished all because of having patience, faith, bravery, courage, and endurance. If I have lost my hope a long time ago, would I be able to find out the shattered pieces of my memories? Would I still marry the mighty Spade William Vantress and give birth to his handsome offsprings? Would I still be able to meet my seven idiotic knights in shining armor? Would I still be able to encounter someone as courageous and righteous like Sean Kyle Vantress? Would I still be able to join the girls' night out and road trips? Ultimately, would I be able to learn how much love there can be after the whole shit thing? 

I guess not. 

If I am selfish and impatient, I should've stayed at the Clan of Light forever, enjoying the naughty judge's company, and live peacefully. Hindi ko alam pero sadyang pinili ng puso, isip, at ng katawan ko ang alam nilang tamang gawin. At iyon ang bumalik. Bumalik para itama ang lahat. Bumalik para ilagay muli sa mga karapatdapat nilang lugar ang mga piraso ng nakaraan na naligaw dulot ng kasakitan ng alitan, inggit, galit, at hindi pagkakaintindihan. 

When I think about it, my life has been like a roller coaster. Well, everyone's are. After going through all the ups and downs, I therefore conclude that my life itself is a kind of thriller that I've been searching for this whole time. I'm looking for thrill and that's how life has played a huge deal with me. It's just that every little thing is dependent to my choices. Choices that will determine how the thrill will progress. 

"What are you writing?" 

"Oh, just something that I want to pass to the future generation." I answered. 

Spade then walks forward to where I am. To the place where he entrusted me the most valuable asset of any Vantress heir — the mafia pendant. The pendant which he always refers to as his heart. Claiming he have given his heart to me ever since that day. To the place where he bids his goodbye to me. To the place where it really started. To the place where I lost my memory. To the place where a massacre had happened.