Dad (Part 2)

Ok so I have good news and bad news.......bad news, dad is back home.......good news, dad is being nice.

When I got to the pond I texted Grey.

Hey, I need you at the pond like now!!

What's up!? Are you ok!!??? I am on my way now!!

Thx, I will explain when you get here.

So he got there and he automatically ran up and hugged me. He stepped back, looked at me, and made sure I was ok. Thank God I had foundation on or else he would have seen the bruises from the locker room beatings

"Autumn what happened!? Are you ok!?? Tell me!!???"

"Calm down, jeez. You know how my dad left the other day ya well-"

"Wait, WHAT!?? Your dad left!?? When!??"

"Yesterday.....I thought I told you.........apparently not, sorry, anyways-"

"No.....if you are going to keep shit from me then I can't help you."

"No, Grey I am sorry it's just.......I have had a lot going on and I really need to tell you this and I  understand you are mad at me but please at least listen to me."

"Fine but I am mad."

"Ok, well ya dad left and mom was actually confident but when I came home from school he was asleep in his chair in the living room. I texted my mom and she told me to come here and if there was someone who could be there with me to tell them so I got here and texted you."

"......wow Autumn.........are you ok."

"....Not really......what if my mom takes him back......what if he is changed........"

I burst into tears and all Grey did was wrap his arms around me and held me until I stopped crying. How was he so good at comforting me, being in his arms is like being home......a good loving home......not my hell hole of a house. Once I stopped crying I just looked up at him.

"So, anything else you wanna say."

I just shook my head, I had nothing else to do. Since I didn't say anything he just put his arm around me and we sat down on the ground. We sat there for a while and I jsut stared at the water from the pond. 

After sitting for a while I must have fallen asleep because when I woke up the sun was setting, I was still in Grey's arms and he was asleep too. I looked at my phone and I had 10 messages and 5 missed calls from both Mom and Dad.

I woke Grey up and told him that I had to call my Mom back. He got up and leaned against the tree. I called mom but tshe didn't answer at first but then I called again and I heard her voice.

"Hey sweetie, where are you?? It's late, you should be getting back to the house."

"How did the dad thing go."

"Oh......He said he was sorry and that he will try to be a better husband and father."

"Oh, ok mom, I will be home soon."

"Alright, be safe coming back."

"I will, see ya, bye"

"Bye."

I told Grey what happened and he told me to be careful and to call him if I ever needed anything. He was so nice and he really cared about me............if only he cared like I do. He may like me as a friend but that is it. If only he knew how I really felt.

I got home and Dad apologized for hitting me and gave me a big hug. He smelled like alcohol and cigarettes. Great, he is drunk but is hiding it and mom doesn't see that he is just drunk and doesn't mean a word he says.

He stopped hugging me and I told them I was tired and was heading to bed. They both told me goodnight and they even said "I love you", I said it too and went to my room. Why was dad being so nice?

He was most likely drunk enough to dull the pain but not drunk enough to just crash and flip out. Who am I kidding I don't know, all I know is that he is being nice and he actually said he loves me. Maybe this is the start of his way back to being the father he once was.

I actually am tired so I am gonna go, night, thx for letting me rant. I am taking this to school tomorrow just to be safe, I shall be back.