Scared, Happy, Nervous

So I am utterly terrified and happy and nervous. I am home now, laying on my bed and its...omg it's 11:30 on a school night. I was there for 8 hours straight. So I'm gonna just say what happened.

Basically Grey left the room when I unfolded the note and began to read it. I didn't even get 2 sentences in and I lost it. I just broke down and not a few seconds later Grey ran into the living room and hugged me. What he said was just...no one has ever talked about me like that.

Once I calmed down he still held on for a second. He let go and looked at me, then at my hand. He took ahold of my hand and held it while I finished the note.

When I was done I looked at him, then our hands and instead of letting go like I thought he would end up doing he squeezed it tighter. He put his hand on my cheek gently and looked at me with a look I will never forget.

"I know this is all out of nowhere but I have liked you ever since I saw you. No one has ever treated you as the beautiful girl you are and you don't know how much that kills me. You have been abused all your life but if you would let me....I want to show you what love is like and how amazing it can be with someone who really appreciates you. Autumn....I don't want this to ruin our friendship if you don't feel the same about me but I have been planning this for a while now.....I want you to come to the dance with me...you don't have to if you don't want to but I would love to have the most beautiful girl as my date for the dance. "

I couldn't breathe...he liked me so much and I did too but I couldn't ever make him deal with all my pain and my fucked up life. I could never hurt him or make him deal with all of my problems. I wanted him so bad but I knew it wouldn't be right to do this to him, to make him deal with all my problems.

"Grey..."

He shook his head, "Don't, I knew it was stupid to think that someone as amazing as you, would like someone like me."

"Grey, listen......"

"No just don't. I get it." it sounded like he was choking up but he wouldn't look at me. After a long pause he looked up at me with those huge brown eyes, I could tell he was trying not to show it but it was obvious that he was about to cry.

"Autumn?...."

"Yea."

"Forget what I said ok. Forget everything I said about liking you-"

"Grey!?", his mom's expression was of anger and shock.

"Mom. Don't. Please."

She pointed to the other room and they walked off to talk. I couldn't hear well but I heard some sentences that were louder than the rest, almost all from Grey.

"What the hell was that Grey!?"

"I don't know!"

"-Well it doesn't matter now does it!"

"-Of course I do but it means nothing now.-"

I was scared of what was going to happen.....but too shocked to move. The yelling caused me to freeze in place but then I heard Lily's voice, loud and clear.

"Now listen to me right now Grey! You haven't shut up about this girl since the day we moved here, you talk about her like she is the most beautiful, wonderful thing in the world. You have tried so hard to impress her and you even cried when you found out how she was being treated at home and school. Hell you almost got expelled!.....Again!!!! I am not about to let you give up on her this easy, she didn't even answer you, you just cut her off because you were so doubtful about her feelings so how about we go back out there and you shut the hell up and let her speak her heart."

I couldn't believe it.....she spoke with strength and encouragement......and an angry mother tone but that's not the point. They came into the room and I saw him and I couldn't help it.....I teared up but I hid my face before he could see. He was about to open his mouth to speak but his mom looked at him with a look that said "don't you dare".

"Grey......I.....I'm sorry for not saying my answer......I was shocked and scared..... Listen, I just don't want you to have to deal with my fucked up life.....its my problem not your's so why should I drag you into this mess. I don't want you to get hurt......God I couldn't stand it if you got hurt because of me. I want you to have someone who won't hurt you, who doesn't have my problems, who......-"

"Who isn't you.....You want him but you know that he would only get hurt."

"Yea.....thx Live. Listen Grey, ever since you moved here things were better......well not really but I had someone to listen and help me.....you were there even when I didn't want you.......you were there to save me when I was about to end it all.......you are my savior and.........I love you......but......-"

"Shut up. Just shut up ok. I have been waiting all this time to hear those words. There is no but in love. If you love me, if you truly love me you won't worry about me getting hurt because of you. You would just shut up and let me handle this. You need to just stop worrying and let me love you, let me show you what love can be. If you would please just let me do this for you I promise I will love you for the rest of my life. Please...."

"......ok."

"Alright I tell you what, if the dance goes well then will you give me a shot?"

"Sure."

"Yes!"

"Haha"

So we were going to the dance together......I am terrified, happy and nervous, for many reasons I just can't explain.

I wanna thank you all for all the views.....I knew this story was going to be better than my other one but I didn't know how it would turn out. Thank you all and I love you guys <3.