The Shut In and Shut Down (Part 1)

Ok, so it is really late for a Sunday.........holy shit it's like 2 am and I have school tomorrow. I didn't realize that but I need to say this like right now.

Ok, so you know how my dad has been really nice ever since he came back from just taking off. Ya well, I just found out why, apparently he has been smoking illegal marijuana which has made him calmer than normal.

This whole time he has been eating a bunch of food when no one is paying attention. Mom and I were being lied to by him. He said he was fine and that he was getting better but it was just the drugs talking.

The reason I know now is because I went to take a shower and I smelt something that was off. I opened the bathroom door to find dad sitting on the toilet, smoking a joint. He turned around and at first, he got really mad and was about to yell at me but then he was calm and tried to explain.

I ran out and locked the door with him still in the bathroom and ran to my room with tears in my eyes and collapsed onto my bed. I was balling wondering why he would do that. Why would he put me and mom through this by doing that? Why did he do this, why couldn't he have just stayed away or actually gotten better?

I ended up texting mom what happened through my tears. She told me that I should probably go to the pond and wait for whatever would happen next. She wouldn't tell me what was going to happen, she just told me to go to the pond and wait. I then added that I locked him in the bathroom and she told me good job and told me to get to the pond.

I texted Laugh and Love, (Jailyn and Grey), to meet me if they could at the pond. I walked to the pond and got up in the tree to wait for them. I was still crying a little so I was tired and I closed my eyes to rest a bit.

I must have fallen asleep because when Jailyn and Grey got there I woke up. Jailyn was obsessing over how pretty the pond was and how cool the pond was. I had forgot that she hadn't been here before.

"Hey Live, what's up? Are you ok!? Is it your dad again!?"

"Geez Love, cool it. I'm sure she will tell us if you would let her speak."

"Thanks, Laugh, it was my dad and I'm not sure if I am ok."

"What happened!? Did he leave again!? Did he yell again!?"

"Shut up and let me speak! God dammit."

"Sorry."

"It's ok but please just let me tell you what happened ok........here goes nothing."