𝟬𝟮𝟯. mind games.

G O D D E S S
( CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE )

G O D D E S S ( CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE )

❝YOU NEED TO STAY AWAY FROM BARON.❞

▶▶▶▶

"WHICH DRESS DO YOU THINK I SHOULD WEAR AT THE CHRISTMAS PARTY EVENT THAT'S COMING UP SOON? SHOULD IT BE THIS OR ONE THIS ONE?!" CJ asked in one of her cheerful voice as she was pointing out the the two dresses that she was currently holding in her hands at the moment. But of course, Nicole wasn't even really paying attention nor in a good mood as there was a lot of things on her mind right about now. Which happens to be not only Baron but also her boyfriend John as well.

It was the fact that her boyfriend was acting totally strange when she spotted another female in the background of his hotel room. To her point of view, she didn't look like a maid who works there at all. More like a supermodel with that body type. John cheated in the past when they were younger and recently with one of his former personal assistant, but ever since that fatal night he's been changing and she forgave him for it.

Nicole knew for a fact that he would go back to his old ways by cheating on her. John loves her, but was she so sure now? But then again, she had someone like Baron Corbin on her mind as well. For the past couple of weeks, the two of them became closer than ever. Baron was a secretive person who doesn't like to share his feelings to the world, but to the woman who he was deeply in love with.

Never in a million years, Nicole would go behind someone else back and doing the same exact thing by cheating. It didn't feel right to her, but she loved all of the attention that Baron was giving to her. It was pure magic whenever they were behind closed door. They will say hateful things to each other than the magic sparks right up. Especially in his play room that she recently discovered.

Nicole had never experience that kind of sex before with anyone. It was different, but yet so damn good. Then she has to understand that she doesn't know who Baron Corbin really is from her point. She wanted to know more about him. At the end of the day, their entire relationship shouldn't have started in the first place. But then again, she can't stop something that's so addicted.

"Hello, earth to Nicole. Are you there?" CJ says while waving her hand in front of her best friend face. The dark-haired looked at her confused. "Um.. Sorry, CJ. What were you saying?"

"I was asking you what color should RuRu and I go with at the Christmas Party but you don't seem too good. Are you okay?" CJ asked. She was very concerned about her best friend. This morning, CJ dragged the dark-haired woman outside on her day off to do some dress shopping for the party event that's coming up soon. Nicole didn't want to go, but knowing CJ her entire life she will not take the word "NO" for answer.

Nicole smiled slightly. "I'm fine, CJ. Just got a lot of things on my mind right now." CJ hugged her before looking into her eyes. "You know I always got your back whenever you're feeling down. Alright?"

"Alright, love. You and Rusev should go with the color red. It suits you guys." Nicole said.

CJ smirked. "I like the way you think, sis. I'm going to look at more red dresses."

"I should be doing the same thing." Nicole nodded her head before moving towards the opposite direction, she was searching through the racks when someone touched her shoulder. Jumped slightly, she turned around to see a familiar face. It was the guy she saw back at Baron's office a few weeks ago. Corey Graves, right?

"I'm sorry to bother you, but my name is Corey Graves. I'm friends with Baron Corbin." He says with a small smile plastered on his face. Corey looked beyond handsome and a good looking man but he really wasn't her type unfortunately. "I know who you are, but what are doing here in a dress shop?" Nicole looked at him confused, looking around the place to see if Baron was in sight but no good luck.

Corey looked around the place, looking at her. "YOU NEED TO STAY AWAY FROM BARON. I'm doing this for your own good."

"I'm pretty sure I've been trying to do that since meeting him. But why? He doesn't seem like a bad person." Nicole shrugged both of her shoulders as Corey sighed deeply before saying, "That's if you don't get on his bad side. He's been keeping secrets from you for awhile now. I have told Thomas that if he doesn't say anything then I will. I don't want you getting hurt, Nicole."

"I'm sorry, but who's Thomas? I thought we were talking about Baron here? What's even going on?" Nicole's mind was running all over the place.

This man standing in front of her is Baron's best friend and he's saying to stay away from him? Baron is very secretive and maybe she doesn't really know who he is. Corey pulled something out of his pocket and handed it to the dark-haired woman. Looking closely, it was a business card but the name center said "Thomas Pestock."

"Baron Corbin isn't his real name." Corey spoken. "It's Thomas Pestock, but he changed it when he was younger after he ran away. Look I gotta go. Just be careful!" And with that, Corey left the building quickly leaving Nicole dumbfounded and confused.

END OF CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE;

× × × × × × × × × ×

AUTHOR NOTES;

+ Here's chapter twenty-three of "Goddess". I hope you guys enjoyed it as much as I do! Make sure to vote and comment. - BLISSGONEBAD.

+ EDITED BY; 12/9/18.