𝟬𝟮𝟰. the truth shall set you free.

G O D D E S S
( CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR )

G O D D E S S( CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR )

❝DON'T BE SORRY... LET'S JUST MAKE EACH OTHER FEEL GOOD.❞

▶▶▶▶▶

THE DARK-HAIRED WOMAN walked into her studio apartment building, walking inside as she locked the front door right behind her and heading straight into her bedroom while removing her trenchcoat and black high heels. She sat down on the firm mattress, grabbing her laptop from the nightstand draw as she lifted it up and turned the laptop on so it can get started.

After spending some quality time with her best friend, CJ all day by doing some shopping for this upcoming Christmas event and not to mention running into one of Baron's good friend, Corey Graves, she needed to come home and figure some things out about Baron himself. Well... "Thomas" for that matter since that was his birth name until he legally changed it.

Nicole didn't understand why his best friend, Corey was telling her all of this right now. She knew they were the best of friends and working at the same company but she didn't know him well enough for him to be telling Baron's personal secrets. But then again? Baron was a private man and doesn't open up to her during their therapy session.

Every time the two of them take a few steps forward, they get knocked back down three steps back. Nicole took a deep breathe in and out slowly before pulling out the business card and searched the name "Thomas Pestock". Her chocolate brown eyes widened when everything popped up on the computer screen to Baron's name and pictures.

She was reading through some things about him and was beyond shocked what he went through as a child growing up. Baron grew up in Kansas City and lived in a abusive home where his parents were on drugs and other things. He ran away from home at the age of sixteen by living on the streets and selling drugs to provide for himself until he fixed his own way and became this successful person that he is today. Nicole needed to talk to him as soon as possible.

▶️▶️▶️▶️

IT WAS ALMOST ONE IN THE MORNING when Baron Corbin heard someone knocking on his front door repeatedly. He was trying to ignore the situation and fall right back to sleep, but they wouldn't just go away. "I swear, if that's Corey then I'm going to kill him..." He mumbled before getting out of the bed and heading downstairs while peeking through the hole to see Nicole standing there.

What the hell was Nicole doing here at one in the morning? He thought. Or better yet, coming here all by herself without calling or texting him. Baron unlocked the front door and open it, as soon as Nicole stormed right on into his apartment without even saying hello. "We need to talk, Baron. Now!"

"What are you doing here at one in the morning? You could've been kidnapped or something." He asked while rubbing his eyes and closing the door shut.

Nicole rolled both of her eyes before saying, "I'm a grown ass woman who doesn't need any protection from someone like you, Baron. Or should I say, THOMAS?" Baron looked at her shocked but confused as well. "How the hell do you know my real name?"

"Your little buddy, Corey told me early on today. Why did you lie to me?" Nicole says as she raised her voice at him a little bit.

Baron could tell that she was pretty upset, but it wasn't none of her damn business to know anything about his past or Corey running his mouth. The truth was that he didn't want Nicole something that is related to her situation. "I didn't lie." He simply said.

"But you did!" Nicole shouted. "Your real name is Thomas Pestock and you grew up in a abusive home with two fucked up parents. I'm a therapist and would have helped you!"

"Help me with what Nicole?" Baron laughed bitterly. "Help me forgot about my parents always being drunk out their damn minds or doing drugs?My old man beating the shit out of me? Wait.. Wait... I have a better one, forgot about that I turned into them when I have gotten older?"

There were sadness in Nicole eyes as she looked at him. "I'm so sorry.. I didn't know."

"Because you wouldn't understand!" Baron shouted loudly, as she backed away a little bit. "You wouldn't understand because you were always perfect."

"I'm not perfect..." Nicole says quietly, while looking down at the crowd but of course, Baron just laughed. "Who are you fucking fooling?"

Nicole glared at him. "I'm not fooling anyone here, Baron. We both grew up with shitty situation. I'm not so sure if John even loves me anymore and.. And.. I lost my fucking twin sister because I was so damn stupid and hang out with the wrong people!"

Baron watched her carefully, as she started crying slightly. I guess, they both weren't so different after all? He walked closer before hugging her tightly. Nicole looked into his eyes, and kissed him deeply on the lips as Baron would return the favor. "I'm so sorry..."

"DON'T BE SORRY... LET'S JUST MAKE EACH OTHER FEEL GOOD." Baron said, scooping her into his arms before walking upstairs to his bedroom.

END OF CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR;

AUTHOR NOTES;

+ Here's chapter twenty-four of "Goddess". I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! Make sure to vote and comment. - BLISSGONEBAD.

EDITED BY;
+ 02/17/19.