𝟬𝟯𝟬. something in my heart.

❝There's SOMETHING in my HEART.❞

G O D D E S S
( CHAPTER THIRTY )

G O D D E S S ( CHAPTER THIRTY )

❝I'M NOT LEAVING YOU, NICOLE. NOT NOW AND NOT EVER.❞

▶▶▶▶▶

THE DARK-HAIRED WOMAN didn't bothered looking at the man sitting right next to her or starting any conversation, as one of her elbow were propped up against the door frame while looking at the bright lights of New York City. It was very quiet between the two of them since getting inside the vehicle with each other as they were driving to their destination through the bad traffic where the cars were beeping loudly and the millions of people were walking by.

Of course, Baron was trying his best to start a small conversation here and there but Nicole wouldn't speak to him or look in his direction whatsoever. She was completely upset with him after hiding out about the affair he was having with her own twin sister a few years ago. It pains her to know that the two of them were in love once and were expecting to have a child together until the bad car accident that night.

Which took her twin sister, Brianna's life away instead of her. Why couldn't have been her though? She didn't have to be stuck in the middle of this messy situation. Baron turned the radio station on as a throwback song called Something In My Heart by Michel'Le came blasting through the speakers.

Nicole smiled slightly as she started singing from word to word quietly. It used to be her and Brianna favorite song back in the day, it was bringing back so much memories. Baron turned towards her direction and noticed that she was singing to the song playing on the radio. He smiled at her. "You like this song?"

Nicole nodded her head, looking at him. "It's been so long since I have heard this old song. Brianna and I use to sing this all day and every day."

The dark-haired woman looked down to see him intertwined their fingers together, as he squeezed it slightly. "I miss her, Baron." Baron smiled faintly. "I miss her too."

"If she haven't passed away... Do you think we will be standing here right now with each other?" She asked, looking in his direction. "Honestly, I don't know. But I do know that she wants the both of us to be happy and that's what I'm planning on doing. I'M NOT LEAVING YOU, NICOLE. NOT NOW AND NOT EVER." He says quietly.

"Good to know." She says, looking out the window again as the music was feeling her soul. Baron sighed. "I'm being serious right now, Niks."

"And you don't think I'm being serious right now too?" She questioned. "You're lucky enough that I have decided to even ride along. I'm still pretty upsets about everything."

"Nicole, I'm sorry. What more do you want me to do?" Baron begged. Nicole just stared at him before looking back at the road. "Just shut up and drive."