eleven

Shownu heard moaning sounds coming from his mother's room but since it is common, he didnt let it bother him.

Instead, he went upstairs to his bedroom to have a short nap.

"Ouch!" He heard a loud scream followed by the sound of belt hitting against the sofa.

Shownu got up from his chair and open his door to get a peek of the scene.

Nothing happened in the hallway yet. Although the boy could clearly hear something was going on.

In a few seconds, a man was seen dragging his mom out of the room. Shownu widened his eyes in horror. He recognised that man. It was Mr Kim, one of his mother's loyal customer.

Mr Kim had a mansion where he lives with his wife and three other kids. Mrs Son was his mistress and most of the things that they own in this house belongs to him.

"Who is that guy huh?!?!?" Mr Kim slap Mrs Son as she fell at the bottom of the stairs.

"No dear he is no one!" Mrs Son pleaded.

A moment later, another guy came out of the room while zipping his pants. He was much younger that Mr Kim. Probably around his early 20s.

"Sorry sir I didnt mean to take your woman away from---" He was interrupted when Mr Kim placed a gun in front of him.

"GET OUT NOW!!" Mr Kim shouted at the male as he sprint out of the house while grabbing as many belongings as he can.

Mr Kim was furious for sure. His hands were trembling. Not in fear but with anger.

"I gave you everything....Heejin...but what did I get?" He turned his gaze towards Shownu's mother.

"He was seducing me...it wasnt me!" Mrs Son pleaded once more while crying.

"Do you think Im stupid, huh?!" Mr Kim threw a slap across Mrs Son face till her lips bled.

Shownu, cant afford to wait anymore, ended up rushing down the stairs and punch Mr Kim.

He threw a fist against his face, making the old man lost his stand and ended up collapsing to the ground. Mr Kim wiped the blood on his lips and just as he was about to throw a punch at Shownu, the boy kicked his tummy and punched his face to a pulp.

"Shownu stop it!!!" Mrs Son demanded when she saw her son hitting her man.

Shownu didnt listen to his mother. Instead, he continued letting out his rage on Mr Kim.

Mrs Son kept shouting at Shownu but it was helpless. Knowing that Shownu wont stop, Mrs Son took a small vase nearby and hit it against his head.

"I SAID STOP IT!!!" She shouted at Shownu as the boy fell down.

Shownu groaned while holding his head. Blood oozed out of his head and the pain was unbearable. He doesnt know how much power did his mom put into hitting him but he knows that the impact made his vision blur.

Shownu tilt his head towards his mother who was helping Mr Kim to get up.

"Im sorry honey...I really am" Mrs Son cried while wiping the blood on Mr Kim's face.

Shownu witness that scene and it hurt more. He wasnt the type to cry easily, but that day, he cried so much.

He cried seeing how his mother cared so much for a guy who dares to throw a slap on her face.

He cried seeing how his mother did not hesitate to hurt him.

He cried knowing that no matter what he does, his mother will never love him.

Mrs Son carried Mr Kim to his car before throwing a disgust look towards her son.

"Imbecile" She muttered under her breath before leaving her son, dealing with his pain alone.

Soft sobs echoes throughout the empty house. Shownu was all alone.

While hugging his body, he cried, letting out everything that was bottled inside him.