thirtysix

The emergency room door burst open as the paramedics push Shownu to the operation room.

Kihyun followed behind them, not wanting to lose sight of Shownu.

His heart hurts a lot and so was his head after crying for so long. He admit that this was all his fault. Its the inevitable fact.

Since he was unable to enter the emergency room, Kihyun had to wait outside. He couldnt think straight and his mouth kept muttering words of prayers, with hopes that the doctors would be able to save Shownu.

Kihyun recalled what he saw back at Shownu's room.

The picture of himself on his laptop wallpaper really touched him a lot.

No one in this world love Kihyun as much as Shownu did.

Shownu was always there to provide happiness for Kihyun but the thing that made Kihyun felt guilty was the fact that he didnt return the same gesture. Instead, Kihyun gave him heartbreaks after heartbreaks.

Kihyun checked the clock for the third time and its been nearly two hours. He was about to doze off when his phone rang.

It was a call from his mother.

"Hello?"

"WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU HUH?!"

"Mom listen im--"

"Your school called me and said that you ran away! Is that true?!!"

"Look mom im in the hospital because Shownu hanged himself and I--"

"SO YOU WENT OUT OF SCHOOL? FOR WHAT REASON?!"

"I had a small fight with Shownu so I wanted to make things right and--"

"You ran out of school because of that?! Are you crazy?! Why the hell did I sent you to school for huh?! YOU COME HOME RIGHT NOW!"

"But the doctors--"

"COME HOME OR ELSE IM GONNA THROW YOUR STUFF OUT OF THE HOUSE!!! YOU UNDERSTAND ME?!" Mrs Yoo shouted from the other end before putting down the phone.

Kihyun mentally tore his hair before throwing his bag on the floor. He was really losing his mind now.

oh god why now...

He could have sworn that right at this moment, he just wanna jump down from the building.

The pressure was unbearable and it is starting to eat him up.

In the end, Kihyun left his phone number to the receptionist so that they can call him to update about Shownu's condition.

When Kihyun reach home, his mother was already shouting and throwing stuff around the house. He knows that he is going to get it the moment he entered the house.

But nothing scares him anymore.

He is ready for anything.

Even death.

He opened the door to the house and there stood Mrs Yoo with a cane in her hands.

"YOU UNFILIAL CHILD!" She grabbed his hair and threw him to the ground.

Without any explanation, Mrs Yoo continuously cane her son.

Kihyun was in an agony of pain when the bamboo hit his fragile skin.

"MOM IM SORRY!!!" He continuously please but his mom purposely didnt hear him.

"YOU ARE A DISGRACE TO THIS FAMILY!" She spat at him before throwing a piece of paper at the male.

"WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS HUH?!!!"

Kihyun peek through his arms which he use to shield his face.

It was the paper that had the schedule to meet the therapist that Kihyun had made an appointment with.

And in that paper, it includes the summary of their sessions.

"YOU ARE IN LOVE WITH A GUY?! WHAT KIND OF SICK HUMAN BEING ARE YOU?!!!!" Mrs Yoo cane him a couple more times as she lashed out all the profanities at him.

Kihyun couldnt do anything else except to apologise.He doesnt want to fight back because he knows that his mother has a weak heart. If provoke, her chest might hurt a lot.

"I SENT YOU TO SCHOOL TO STUDY AND NOT TO BE IN A FUCKING RELATIONSHIP!!! AND NOW WITH A GUY?!!! ARENT YOU ASHAMED OF YOURSELF?!" She hit him one last time before the cane broke into two.

Mrs Yoo stare at the cane and threw it at the side.

Kihyun laid on the floor lifelessly.

His body was full of slits and most of it was bleeding.

He couldnt even move at all.

But it wasnt his body that hurt the most.....

it was his heart