thirtyeight

"What happen to your face?" Shownu slowly caress Kihyun's cheeks.

"Nothing...just...there was a guy who robbed me the other day...it was chaotic" Kihyun pretended to laugh it off.

"-did the doctor say anything?" He continued.

Shownu look down at his fingers.

"....he said that I wont live very long...." He coughed.

Kihyun knew this was going to happen.

"...the rope affects my windpipe" He continued as tears fill his eyes.

Kihyun then sat on the bed and pull Shownu into his embrace.

"Its okay...whatever it is...Im here for you...and this time round, Im gonna stay by your side forever...we are gonna get through this...I wont let you be alone again....coz...I love you" Kihyun smile.

Shownu snuggle his head at the crook of Kihyun's shoulder and cry.

That was what he wanted to hear the most.

Those comforting words of Kihyun warms his heart.

And the tightness of Kihyun's hug made him feel so protected and love.

i love you too...

Shownu said under his breath since his throat has already started hurting a lot.

Kihyun let go off the hug and wipe the tears on Shownu's cheeks. Just as he was doing that,Shownu cupped his face with his hands and slowly plant a kiss on Kihyun's lips.

The both of them carved a wide smile knowing that the day has finally came where they can be with one another.

Kihyun set up a new schedule after that day. He made time to meet Shownu, with the help of Mr Kim.

Every time Kihyun visits Shownu, he would always bring his favourite stuff.

Kihyun would also cuddle with Shownu whenever there is no nurses around.

They also stole kisses from each other which lead to a tickle fight.

Kihyun and Shownu appreciated each other's presence a lot that they knew they couldnt live without one another.

Shownu would always look forward to meeting Kihyun and vice versa. It will always make their day happier just being with the other party.

Once, Shownu wanted Kihyun to sing him to sleep at 5pm.

Kihyun was reluctant because his voice doesnt sound good.

But when he sang, Shownu fell asleep straightaway, while hands hugging his boyfriend's waist.

Mr Kim never complained whenever he sent Kihyun to the hospital as he understands their situation. He also used to fall in love with a guy, but it was terrible during his time.

Due to the extreme challenges he had to face, the boy he liked ended up killing himself.

Which was why Mr Kim was willing to sacrifice his time. He doesnt want Kihyun or Shownu to go through what he went through during his teenage years.

"Kihyunnie" Shownu whispered into Kihyun's ear.

"Hmmm?" Kihyun answered although his eyes still shut.

Shownu was playing with his hair while they were hugging each other and Kihyun loved it.

"...how long do you think I would live?"

Kihyun slowly stood up and stare at the male.

"What do you mean?"

"Its just..the doctor clearly said that I wont live very long..."

"But its been at least two weeks...im sure you can stay stronger for at least 4 more years" Kihyun chuckle as he played with Shownu's fingers.

Shownu adjust his position and stare at the male.

"....im serious...."

Kihyun stare at the male and look down at his shirt.

"...you will live long...as long as you stay strong...I told you we are gonna get through this right? im gonna be behind you throughout...supporting you...just....dont leave me.....not now...not ever...I cant...live without you"

Kihyun stare at Shownu as the male pulled him into his embrace.

"...I hope that one day...we are able to lead normal lives as a couple..."

"me too....by the way,...i bought something for us" Kihyun bend down and grab a paper bag from the side of the bed.

Shownu watch as Kihyun revealed whats inside it.

"Tadaaaa!!!" Kihyun handed Shownu a tuxedo that he bought the other day.

Shownu raise a brow as he examine it.

"What is this for?"

"Prom is approaching and I want to ask you to be my date" Kihyun winked.

"...prom? here?"

"Of course!I'll be buying us some snacks and we are gonna dance and watch movies till the sun goes down!" Kihyun raise his hands up to the sky.

Shownu look at the tuxedo and flashed a wide smile.

"...I cant wait"

"ME TOO!!"

They were laughing with one another before Mr Kim entered the room.

"Kihyun..its time to go" He tap on his watch.

"Owh...." Kihyun pouted.

"...cant you stay longer?" Shownu asked.

Kihyun shook his head.

"I wish I could....but I cant..."

"...alright....love you" Shownu gave a peck on Kihyun's lips.

"Me too...and by the way, dont flirt with the nurses while im gone alright?"

"My heart only belongs to you"

The both of them giggle as they intertwine their fingers together, clearly forgetting that Mr Kim is there.

"Ehem"

"Oh right...bye baby..." Kihyun kissed Shownu's forehead before leaving.