thirtyseven

"Yah did you see Kihyun's face this morning?"

"Its terrible"

"He looks like a monster"

"Do you think he got into a fight?"

"Probably...wasnt he friends with Shownu? That new guy?"

"Ah...no wonder"

Kihyun sat at the rooftop after escaping from the cafeteria where everyone was looking at him and passing around harsh remarks.

He stared at the bread in his hands before looking up to the sky.

He doesnt even feel like eating.

The only thing that is on his mind is Shownu.

It has been a week since Shownu was admitted in the hospital. And only yesterday was he informed that the boy had woken up.

Kihyun heaved a sigh of relief hearing that wonderful news. His prayers were answered and he couldnt have been more happier.

But even so, he couldnt meet Shownu because Mrs Yoo would be fetching Kihyun back from school every single day.

"You know you are not allowed to be here right?" Mr Kim's voice made Kihyun flinched.

"Ah!.....oh my...sorry Mr Kim" Kihyun bowed.

"Its okay kiddo....how are you feeling?"

".....okay ..I guess" Kihyun replied.

"I heard what happen to Shownu....have you visited him yet?" Mr Kim asked as he sat beside the male.

"...nope....I cant..."

Mr Kim examine Kihyun's face and nodded. He understands what Kihyun is going through.

"You have been missing quite a lot of lessons..."

"Yea...I know"

"You better catch up..."

"Of course..."

"....do you want to meet Shownu?" Mr Kim arch his brows.

Kihyun look at Mr Kim momentarily and nod.

"I would love to meet him"

"Then lets go" Mr Kim replied instantly.

"I cant..remember? My mom would be taking me back from school everyday"

"....why not I meet her...and say that you have to do something outside of school?"

"That wont work"

"That would work if I said that I'll be monitoring you" Mr Kim smile.

Kihyun knit his brows.

"...huh"

"Why dont I make a fake form indicating that you have to go back late for a few weeks because of some art project? And that you will be going with me to some place to get inspired?" Mr Kim shrug his shoulders.

"But thats wrong! Why would you do that?"

"You see...being a teacher is more than just teaching...sometimes we have to sacrifice ourselves...but thats because we love our students...and we care about them...and now..I help you because I care about you...you have been a great student and I just want the best for you....just promise me that if I do this for you, you would go back to studying? I want you and Shownu to graduate alright?" Mr Kim ruffled Kihyun's hair.

"Thank you so much Mr Kim!!" Kihyun continuously bowed as he plastered a wide smile on his face.

Mr Kim did kept his promise.

That afternoon, Mr Kim met with Mrs Yoo and talk to her about it. Although very reluctant, Mrs Yoo gave in.

She knows that Kihyun is under an adult supervision and that he will be safe.

Kihyun couldnt be more happier after finding out that he will be meeting Shownu after school.

He had already thought of everything he wanted to say and things to buy. But the most he wanted to do was to hug Shownu and confess to him his true feelings.

At 3pm, Kihyun and Mr Kim reached Hospital W.

Mr Kim decided to have lunch at the food court whereas Kihyun went upstairs to meet Shownu.

His heart pound rapidly but he was eager to meet the love of his life.

After knocking on the door, Kihyun entered the room.

Shownu was seen laying down on the bed while staring at the window, mind wandering off.

"Hey...." Kihyun said softly.

Shownu turn his head and was shocked to see Kihyun. He immediately wanted to get up but he felt weak. Kihyun aid him and slowly, Shownu was sitting up.

"How are you?" Kihyun asked.

Shownu gulped slowly and replied but his voice sounded very soft.

"Sorry?" Kihyun went nearer.

"...im fine..." His soft voice finally made it through Kihyun's eardrum.

"It must have hurt a lot..." Kihyun plastered a worried look on his face.

Shownu smile weakly.

"How are you?" He said softly.

"....not good....I've been missing you a lot..." Kihyun said.

".....me too...."