twelve

Kihyun checked the date for today and realised that Shownu hasnt been going to school for the past 3 days.

As far as he is concern, Shownu looked perfectly fine the last time they met. Not perfectly but he doesnt seem to look sick or anything.

"Do you happen to see Shownu anywhere?" Kihyun asked Jaemin during break.

"Nope...he hasnt been around right?" He scratched his head while looking around the cafeteria.

Wonho was there with his friends but there was no sign of Shownu around.

"I guess...."

"Why? Do you miss him already?" Jaemin wiggled his cancerous eyebrows.

Kihyun rolled his eyes at his best friend before continuing his meal.

School ended at 2pm that day but instead of heading home, Kihyun has to stay back in school for his Art enrichment programme.

While queuing up to buy a drink, his phone buzzed. He stared at the name and furrowed his brows.

INBOX (1)

SHOWNU

Shownu has never texted him before.

Except for when he has questions about the project.

But even so, why would he text about the project? Now?

- Hey, can I meet you for awhile?

Kihyun scratched his head even when it wasnt really itchy.

He doesnt know if this text was referring to him because he never get texts like these before.

Kihyun : Hey this is Kihyun, I dont think that message was meant for me(?)

Kihyun : 😅

Shownu : It is

Shownu : unless theres another Kihyun Im not aware about

Kihyun : which Kihyun are u talking abt??? Im the fat ugly one😂😂

Shownu : Im talking abt my partner? Kihyun? the one who has amazing art skills

Kihyun : okay thats me💁😂😂😂

Shownu : so can we meet???

Kihyun : outside of school?

Kihyun : iIdun think so ://

Shownu : why?? I was thinking of Heyne's Cafe

Kihyun : abt two blocks away from our school??? gotta ask permission from my mom first

Shownu : really?

Kihyun : yea...she doesnt let me go out unless I seek her permission

Shownu : ok then...tell me once u are done

Shownu : 😊

Kihyun widened his eyes. That was the first time Shownu sent an emoji. Well, they dont talk always but either way, it was still considered a first.

Kihyun then proceeded to ask permission from his mom. Though rather hesitant, his mother let him go to the cafe since he will be returning back to school for the enrichment programme.

After buying a drink, Kihyun grab his bag and place it in the art room before fishing out for his belongings and exiting the school.

Heyne's Cafe wasnt that far from school so it only took Kihyun about 10 minutes to arrive there.

The cafe is popular among students of Kiran High but Kihyun never visited this place before. Mainly because Mrs Yoo never lets him out. Once, she gave him permission- with a condition that she follows as well.

When Kihyun entered the cafe, it was packed. Students were crowding the cafe. Many of them were just loitering around the cafe without ordering anything, occupying the space that was meant for 'actual' customers.

Kihyun sigh as he made his way to the second level of the cafe. Unfortunately, it was full as well. Just as he was about to go back, someone grabbed his hand and lead him to a seat nearby.

Kihyun blinked his eyes, confused. The male was wearing all black, covering his head, mouth and body. When the male sat down and took out his cap, Kihyun let out a sigh of relief.

"Damn Shownu you got me shook!" Kihyun chuckle softly until he noticed the lad's bruised face.

"Oh my--- what happen to you???!" Kihyun gasped as he sat down quickly.

"Nothing" Shownu rubbed his eyes before letting out a small yawn.

Kihyun couldnt stop staring at Shownu's face. It looks painful. So painful, till he ended up shedding a tear.

"I actually wanted to--" Shownu paused when he saw Kihyun suddenly crying out of nowhere.

"-why are you..??...crying??" He tilt his head.

"No its nothing...Im very emotional thats all" He suddenly laugh out after wiping the tears around his eyes and adjusting his glasses.

Kihyun then took out some ointment from his bag and hand it over to Shownu.

The lad furrowed his brows and analised it.

"What the hell is this?" He took it and read the labels that was, unfortunately, written in french.

"Some oil to put on your bruise..." Kihyun paused, "Want me to help you?"

Shownu rubbed his eyes and stared at the male in front of him. He studied his expressions and knit his brows.

"I dont think we are on that level to have physical con---- are you gay?"