thirteen

Kihyun choked on his saliva which garnered some attention from other students.

"W-whut?????" He smack his chest hard.

Shownu let out a small chuckle before handing the bottle over to Kihyun.

"Its okay, I dont need it" He replied.

"Really? Its good ya know...organic!" Kihyun pouted as he showed him the label.

"Nah...time heals everything" Shownu raised an eyebrow while folding his arms.

Kihyun rolled his eyes and smile.

"Anyway, why did you ask me to come here? I dont have much time actually" Kihyun stared at the wall clock on top of Shownu.

Shownu leaned in and took off his hat.

"Do you know whats the homework?" He asked.

Kihyun, who was anticipating on the question, ended up being disappointed.

"Tsk...Im not in your class...how am I suppose to know? Ask Wonho" Kihyun pointed at the back although there is no Wonho around.

"Nah...I just wanna meet you thats all"

"Whut??? Bro you high? Just how hard was that impact on your head?"

Shownu chuckled momentarily before pausing to sigh. His eyes slowly stared at the ground as if that wooden flooring actually captured his attention.

"...very hard..." He mumbled.

Kihyun examined his expression and notice that Shownu was getting uncomfortable. He was beginning to fidget a lot and perspire. That was when Kihyun knows that he should stop being so comfortable with Shownu.

It seems that Shownu does not really like people interrogating him. Who does?

"Do you mind if I be...like a bit gay? If thats what you call it...Coz imma get real cheesy" Kihyun said but regret after that when Shownu looked at him suspiciously.

"Arent you already???" Shownu laughed.

"Come on"

Kihyun throw a hateful look at the lad in a joking manner. He never take anything seriously.

Kihyun then coughed and said in a low tone, almost sounding like a whisper,

"If..one day...you...ermm..feel alone..somehow...and feel like the whole world is against you, please know that you have a friend here that will be...able to...lend you a shoulder to..cry on"

As soon as he finished, Shownu stared at the male without blinking. Kihyun was expecting Shownu to laugh hysterically but that didnt happen. Instead, Shownu just stared at the floor (again) and smile.

Not the smile you see on Shownu everytime.

Its a different kind of smile.

A smile which happens when someone is flooded with euphoria.

But Shownu's smile wasnt like that at all. It was rather bland.

It was....disheartening.

"Wow...Yoo Kihyun....I see different sides of you everyday" He replied with a small laugh.

Kihyun showed a peace sign.

"And its only one-fourth of my whole personality" He winked.

"You know, I thought you were a wee bit different when I first saw you" Shownu rest his elbows on the table.

"Really?" Kihyun tilt his head.

"Yeah...I thought you were this emo kid who has like a troubled background...maybe theres like a step mom or stepdad that hates you...idk...and that you are actually experiencing depression...ya know" Shownu said and that made Kihyun became serious.

Kihyun knit his eyebrows.

i am

He controlled his tears and try his best to not let it flow out easily like always. Kihyun knows that he cries easily...but at least he is good at hiding them. For all the years he has lived, with the same ol problems faced every single day, it is not surprising that Kihyun has learnt to hold back his tears and put a mask over his face.

He knows how to do it every single time. And even mastered it.

But isnt it sad?

You get hurt a lot...till you get used to it.

"...yeah....Im not.." He fake a laugh before checking the time on his phone.

"-I gotta go now...." He said quickly before picking up his bag.

"Ah...right..." Shownu got up from his chair, "-Ill send you back to school"

"No" Kihyun replied.

"-Its okay I can manage"

With that being said, Kihyun left Shownu behind.