twentyfour

"He just wants to help me lose weight thats all.." Kihyun said for the umpteenth time.

Mrs Yoo stared at him momentarily.

"Alright...but only for an hour...and be back early" She said.

Kihyun then fish out for his phone and texted Shownu.

"How can I be sure that you guys went for an exercise and not simply going out??"

"Meaning?"

"You know how kids nowadays...going out with friends and reach home late at night...who knows what happen when they are outside..you better not be that kid who shamed this family again like your sister when she got impregnant by her boyfriend" His mom stare dead into his eyes.

Kihyun nodded slowly. Its funny how among the siblings, Kihyun is the most prude and yet his mother thinks that he is the one who will bring shame to the family.

Kihyun never disobeys her or whatsoever.

All he does is to go to school, come back, clean the house, do his homework and done.

He never had the chance to go out, even with Jaemin.

Once, she actually allows him to watch a soccer match but then, as soon as Kihyun comes home, she throws a hateful look at him. Saying how he was late and how she knows that he put his friends before his own mother.

The whole thing was annoying to handle and Kihyun knows that if this happen again, he is going to be told off by his mother.

"Shownu is picking me up later..so you can personally ask him questions"

"Why must I? Didnt you said I should trust you? Dont tell me what to do"

"Just for confirmation...thats all"

"If I dont trust you, then what makes you think that im going to trust your friend who I didnt know existed until today huh?"

Kihyun sigh inwardly.

He wanted to cancel the meeting but then again, when she allowed him to, he had already texted Shownu.

"I'll text you every single time alright? Wherever I go"

"Whatever...you and your sisters, along with your brother always cared about your friends and never about me" She rolled her eyes as she went inside the room.

She did let Kihyun out to meet Shownu but it seems that after today, Kihyun wont be able to anymore.

Shownu : Great! Pick you up at 4 is that alright?

Kihyun : yea..

Shownu : u ok?

Kihyun : yeah i am...see you later!😁

He massaged his temple.

Shownu did come at 4pm on the dot.

He noticed that Kihyun's apartment was way different than his. Instead of having a room all by himself, Kihyun slept in the living room along with his little brother while their parents sleep inside the room.

They didnt have a bed so they use mattresses instead.

"You ready?" Shownu mouthed at Kihyun before Mrs Yoo appeared.

"Shownu?" She asked.

"Yes maam" The lad bowed respectfully.

Mrs Yoo smile.

"Take care of my son alright...and dont you two do anything else other than going for exercise"

"Yes maam, I promise to take good care of Kihyunnie" Shownu replied, not realising that Kihyun mentally smack his head at the back.

Mrs Yoo nodded for a moment before going back to the kitchen.

After dismissing himself, Kihyun joined Shownu who was standing outside the apartment.

Now that Shownu is in front of him, Kihyun felt the awkwardness between them. They walked in silence until they reached the bus stand where Shownu decided to finally speak up.

"You said you hated the gym right? I have a studio where I place all the exercise machines I use...i'll bring you there..if its okay with you??"

"Yea...sure...but is it far?"

"Just a few blocks away from our school"

"Do you own it?"

"Yeap...at least those money are put to good use" Shownu said, referring to his mother's job.

Kihyun nodded.

"Thank you so much...oh and how much must I pay you??"

"Did I mention that you need to?"

"You said that it isnt free"

"Ah...that...." Shownu mumbled as they board the bus.

"-since im helping you to gain confidence, you need to help me as well"

"Sure! But what is it?"

"...help me...to stop smoking"

Kihyun tilt his head, his eyes definitely sparkle at the thought.

"Stop smoking???"

"Yea...do you like someone who smokes?"

"Not at all"

"So yea...help me quit smoking...my breathing is getting really bad lately"

"I'll definitely help you but shouldnt you be seeing a doctor?"

"Doctors dont always cure everything"

"Ofcourse...if they do, then they will be called 'God'...which they arent...and im not saying they can automatically cure your problem but at least you can know how serious your problem is.."

Shownu stared at the scenery outside the bus before tilting his head to see Kihyun.

"You sounded concern....it felt kinda good to be honest" He smirk.

Kihyun blinked his eyes for a few seconds before avoiding eye contact with the male. He doesnt want Shownu to see his red cheeks which he didnt know why it appeared.