thirtyone

Kihyun yawned heavily the moment he reach school the next day.

Yesterday was his first day working at the bakery and it proved to be fatal.

Apparently, he didnt realise that the bakery has lots of customers during rush hour.

With that, he has to move about a lot and since he stayed till closing time, he has to make sure the whole bakery is clean and all of the utensils has been stock up.

"Yo sleepy head" Hyerin ruffled Kihyun's hair as she took a chair and sat in front of him.

Kihyun held his head for awhile and smile.

"You look very tired...have you been staying up late? Its only the second day though" Hyerin rest her chin at the back of her hand while staring intently at Kihyun.

Kihyun look at the female momentarily before lowering his gaze.

"I was procrastinating thats all" He chuckle and Hyerin shook her head.

"Bad boy..you should take care of your health alright? I dont want anything bad happening to you" She smile.

Kihyun stared at the floor. Somehow, those words remind him of Shownu. But the only difference is, when Shownu say those words, it makes Kihyun feel warm on the inside.

But Hyerin doesnt have the same result. It felt rather empty.

"By the way, care to join us for break?" She pointed at their gang.

Kihyun thought for awhile.

"Can I bring Jaemin along?"

Hyerin look at Jaemin who was seated behind and curse silently.

"Sure! The more the merrier!" She fake a smile.

During break, all of them decided to sit together at one table in the cafeteria.

Hyerin can be seen wanting to sit closely with Kihyun and Jaemin notices that. He tried telling Kihyun but to no avail.

Hyerin was busy talking to him and both of them seemed to be having fun.

"Oh god im exhausted!!" Clara appeared moments later before sitting beside her boyfriend.

"Why the hell were you running?" Hyerin knit her brows.

"Coz I wanna be the first in queue? Duh???"

"You arent even queuing"

"Well June is...and I already ordered from her so--" Clara showed a peace sign.

Hyerin rolled her eyes jokingly before turning to Kihyun.

"What do you wanna eat?"

"I havent decided yet...probably some noodles" Kihyun tap his finger on his chin.

Hyerin nodded and asked Jaemin the same thing. But Jaemin wasnt really listening since he was busy with his phone.

"You are Kihyun right?" Clara asked.

"Yeah" The male replied as he took his hand out for a shake.

"Ah....that.....that fat ugly kid right?" She said and Hyerin immediately kick her legs, "Ouch?!"

Kihyun look at Hyerin momentarily and smile.

"Nah its okay....yes I am that kid"

"Dont listen to her...she doesnt know what to say and what not to say" Hyerin glared at her friend.

"No its okay...really...im fine"

"Dont take it seriously okay? Its just how we joke thats all"

Kihyun remained silent.

"Oh, where's your best friend?" Clara questioned him again.

"Here?" Kihyun pointed at Jaemin.

"No not him...the other one...who was it...the guy who looks like a zombie you know..with the dark circles and all"

"Shownu?" Hyerin asked.

"Yea! That new guy! Whats with him anyway? He looks like a drug dealer to be honest...does he take drugs? Looks like someone from a broken family...not tryna sound rude" She held her hands up.

Kihyun stare at her intently.

"He looks perfectly fine to me"

"Ergh...not to me"

"Maybe different people have different opinions but it doesnt mean that you can call people names however you like"

"Im not name calling him but its true...I saw him at the rooftop earlier on...drinking and smoking...he looks darn high" Clara rolled her eyes.

Kihyun paused.

"...what?"

"What thing?"

"What did you say he was doing?"

"Smoking and drinking...IN BROAD DAYLIGHT can you imagine???"

"When was that?!" Kihyun raised his voice, making all of them flinched.

"J-just..now?"

Kihyun furrowed his brows before getting up instantly. Hyerin tried stopping him but Kihyun wasnt listening to her.

His mind is only focused on Shownu.

He has gotten back to his old habit and that worries Kihyun a lot. Shownu has been doing well for the past two months and Kihyun knows that the nicotine will only bring disaster to Shownu if he decided to continue smoking again.

oh god Shownu what is wrong with you?

Kihyun rushed to the rooftop as fast as he can. Even when there are students around him, he pushed them off just so that he wont reach the rooftop late.

Along the way, Kihyun prayed that what Clara said wasnt true.

But when he reached the rooftop, his knees became weak.

The gate is unlock and there, sat, Shownu,with a few soju bottles around him and a pack of open cigarette on the floor.