A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Three

Friendship is what gets you through the bad times and helps you enjoy the good times. ~ Kate

♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪♫  ♪♫  ♪  ♫   ♪  ♫  ♪♫  ♪♫  ♪♫  ♪

2012 © All rights reserved

A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Three

"That's all for today," Mr. Lee announced our dismissal for the day. He decided to give us a day off since we did extremely well for the One Direction's performance last week and he was so proud of us.

It seemed like a dream - all these happenings playing for 1D and actually having the five of them in our band room singing. I stared at the spot where the five of them had stood upon exactly a week ago. It wasn't as if I had turned into their fan or something but I missed their chattering and
playfulness when they teased each other.

"Unbelievable right?" Stuart asked as he caught the position of my gaze.

"Ya," I answered softly. Who would have thought - Thornyard High school band actually played for One Direction. We were nobody.

Mom had been so excited to hear that I was performing on TV that she had practically 'forced' all her colleagues to watch me. To my surprise, I actually appeared on screen for more than thirty seconds. I seemed to have become a star overnight as people in school started greeting me - not that
I knew them anyway.

Val's highly ecstatically spirit had yet to calm down after I managed to get her picture with the guys. She would go on and on about how their touch was like and how it was like to in such close proximity with the guys. Of course, I didn't mention that I got a hug from each of the guys, except
Zayn. She would probably hate me for that.

I hadn't received many texts from them except Zayn and Harry occasionally. Harry's messages were more of the fun type where he updated their activities and the jokes they shared, while Zayn's messages were quieter and more subtle - and in a way, more personal like 'Have you taken your
dinner?', 'How's school?' and 'What did you do for your weekend?'.

My life went on as usual - school, homework, band practices, and church. Joel had left for America last weekend and I was feeling a little lonely during band practices. I would be retiring from band soon, as well since graduation was in another month's time. Val was getting frantic about her
dance partner. Nobody had asked me yet, and anyway I was having a good mind to skip it so it didn't matter for me.

"Jo?" Mr. Brown's voice tore me away from my thoughts.

I looked up, "Yes Mr. Brown?"

"There's a man requesting to see you..." He indicated outside.

"Huh?" I was puzzled.

Dropping my sticks on the rack, I headed outside.

A well-dressed man in his late twenties stood outside the band room, pacing
up and down. He stopped when he saw me.

"Miss Jo Andrews?"

I nodded and he led us to an empty table before prompting for me to sit.

He pushed his name card across the table into my hands, "My name is Jenson Barlow. And I'm one of the managers for One Direction. I must apologise for this abrupt visit."

I took a glance at the card to verify his identity. "How can I help you, Mr. Barlow?" I asked him politely.

"Before I forget," he said abruptly and began digging into his briefcase. "This is a gift from the boys."

It was a CD on which the cover was written, 'To Jo, specially for you! From us' and it was signed with all five signatures.

"What's this?" I looked at him, puzzled.

"You can watch it when you get home," he winked. "I understand it's meant to be a surprise."

"Okay," I mumbled, putting the CD aside.

I turned my gaze back onto this well-dressed man and waited for him to speak further.

"I came under the strong recommendation of the boys," he continued.

I had a bad feeling...

"I am under the impression that you are an excellent drummer," he beamed.

I shook my head immediately, "I'm just an average...”

He cut me off, "I saw you play during the performance. And I must say I do agree with them to a certain extent."

To a certain extent?

"You must be wondering why I'm here today," he continued. "Other than bringing the cd of course." His eyes trailed to the cd at the side.

"We are actually looking for a drummer. For the band. Our current drummer's contract is up and he is unable to continue due to personal commitments."

"Uh huh..." I don't think I liked where this was leading to.

"So, are you interested to take up the position?" He looked at me keenly.

"Huh?" Even though I must say I should have expected that question, I was still surprised. "Me?" I gulped.

"That's right. The boys like you. Besides being technically good, it is important to strike chemistry with each other especially you would be travelling so often together."

Did I hear travelling?

"Travelling..?" I stammered.

"That's right," he looked at me in disbelief. "The boys have to do shows around UK and US so there's travelling. Of course, you are not required at all their shows but a majority of it."

I sat there, tongue stuck to the roof of my mouth. What could I say? I never had intention to pursue a career in music least to say, drums. Wait, I haven't even gone to college! I was looking forward to college – doing sociology and Geography, and joining the college band!

He saw me dumbfounded, and he chuckled lightly. "Must be too overwhelming for you. Don't worry, you'll get used to it."

Getting no response from me, he asked, "So what's your decision?"

It was too sudden! I needed time to digest this information. I wanted to discuss with Mom first.

"Eh... I need to think about it..."

He must have expected that I would jump at the opportunity for he frowned, "Is there any concerns?"

"Well..." I uttered. "I'm not sure if I'm up to it..."

He smiled, "You just need to practice. I'm sure it'll work out fine," he assured.

"Well..." I continued. "I was looking forward to college..."

"College?" He frowned, repeating the alien word as if it was foreign to him. "What about college?"

"I was planning for college actually," I told him. "I'm not sure if I'm ready to give up my college life for a drummer's life..."

"Hmm..." He appeared to study the issue for the first time. "Well..." He paused. "Maybe we can work around it... It's not that you need to play every time. There are bound to be months or weeks or days that the boys are busy with other stuff... Like recording new albums or filming MTVs or doing
interviews... Hmm... Maybe I can work that out."

"I need to think about it," I told him firmly.

"Well, if you insist..." He weaved his hand through his hair. "When can you give me a reply?"

"When do I need to reply you?" I shot the question back at him.

"How about in two weeks' time?"

"Okay..." I agreed.