A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Eleven

“And you said that I was naïve. And I thought I was strong. I thought, ‘Hey I can leave, I can leave.’ But now, I know I was wrong cause I missed you. Yeah I missed you.       

  ~ Lisa Loeb

♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪ ♫  ♪ ♫  ♪  ♫   ♪  ♫  ♪ ♫  ♪ ♫  ♪ ♫  ♪

2012 © All rights reserved

A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Eleven

Did I heard wrongly?

“I’m sorry?” I asked, acting blur.

“I said, if you would like to go out with me tomorrow…” he stammered.

“Why?” the question shot out before I could register what he was asking in the first place.

Taken aback, I saw his eyes widened in surprise. “Huh? Uh… uh…uh…”

Why had Harry asked me to go out with him? Of all people, why Harry?

“Gosh, this is difficult,” he ruffled his hair in frustration. “I didn’t believe it when Zayn said you were dense…”

Zayn again? Why did Zayn’s name keep coming up? It was as if he was haunting me.

He took a deep breath. “Imaskingyououtonadate.”

His words came tumbling in one lump and I had no choice except to get him to repeat himself, “What?”

“I’m asking you out on a date.”

“Why?” A date? Why was Harry asking me out on a date?

He scratched his head, seemed to be wondering how to bring across his message.

“I like you, so I’m asking you out on a date,” he blurted out before burying his head into a cushion. I couldn’t help smiling at the wavy curls that peeped out.

“You like me?” His declaration hit me like a shockwave all of a sudden. Did Harry just said he like me?

“After so long, can’t you see it?” He asked desperately. His voice still muffled by the comfort of the cushion.

“I’m sorry… see what?” Now I’m really confused. Did he seriously did something that I was supposed to see?

“Whatever I’ve done?” he asked, lifting his head up to look me in the eye. He seemed to be filled with courage all of a sudden.

“Eh…”

He shook his head, “Argh, never mind. Now I’m telling you – I like you. So, would you go out with me?”

I sat there in a daze, trying to think. Do I want to go out with Harry? Well, it’s fine going out with him but I’m not stupid. If I agree to go out with him, he might get the wrong idea that I was giving him a chance and that’s not what I want to do. He was just a friend to me. True, he had been nice and caring but that was all. He doesn’t make my heart race. I wouldn’t think of running to him if I have a problem. And I definitely don’t think of him every day.

“Harry,” I began and he looked at me hopefully. “At this point of time, I do not feel anything special for you. We can go out together but as friends only.”

“Okay,” a big smile crept up before he turned serious again. “You are not in love with that friend of yours, are you?” His head tilted sideways and he casted me an uncertain look.