A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Twenty-three

"Love meant jumping off a cliff and trusting that a certain person would be there to catch you at the bottom.” ~Jodi Picoult, Second Glance

♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪ ♫  ♪ ♫  ♪  ♫   ♪  ♫  ♪ ♫  ♪ ♫  ♪ ♫  ♪

2012 © All rights reserved

A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Twenty-three

“What the hell is going on here?”

His tone was low and soft yet I could hear it straining with anger. This kind of tone was worse than the loud blasting of temper when a person yelled at you when he was mad. It was much more terrifying because you know that the person was really really very angry if he used such a tone. 

I have never seen Zayn got mad. He was always calm and composed. If there was anything that angered him or pissed him off, he would just keep quiet, go to a corner or simply walk away. Most of the time, he would just go off for a smoke. Seems like a cigarette always helps when a smoker gets agitated.

Looking at him now actually frightened me.

Of course, Colin and I had done nothing wrong. In fact, I owed him one. It just seemed that Zayn always caught us at the wrong moments. Just like the other time in the elevator when Colin gave me a hug. I refused to read too much into it as to why he gave me that hug although Val had insisted that it must be more than just friendly. Colin was all but a brother to me.

Colin spoke out first. His voice was soft and low as well, as if calming Zayn.

“It is not what you think,” he started. “But before we get to it, can I go grab a shirt on? It sure is cold.”

He cupped his hands under his arms covering his exposed torso as he shivered.

Zayn eyed him from his side glance without turning his head. After a few seconds of silent staring, he stood aside to allow Colin to pass.

“Thanks,” Colin said.

As he made his way back to his door passing by Zayn, he said, “You should get her back into bed. She’s running a fever.”

♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪ ♫  ♪ ♫  ♪  ♫   ♪  ♫  ♪ ♫  ♪ ♫  ♪ ♫  ♪

After Colin shut the door behind him with a click, Zayn’s glaze returned to me.  He remained silent.

“Zayn…” I whispered. Then I offered him a smile, “Come in?”

He continued staring at me and I saw him hesitated before he let out a sigh.

“What happened?” The anger from his tone was milder than before as it softened.

Before I could reply him, Colin was back.

“Didn’t I tell you to get her back to bed?” Colin questioned him. “She shouldn’t be standing here out in the cold.”

He brushed past Zayn and gently pushed me back to bed. “You better come in too,” he told Zayn over his shoulder.

As he tucked me back into bed, I saw Zayn standing in the middle of the room, still fixing his glaze on the both of us. He still has yet to utter a single word.

Colin turned to face him.

“She’s running a fever,” he said. “I came to get her for dinner because I didn’t see her downstairs. She was looking dazed and dizzy then I realised she felt hot. I had given her some panadol. I think she’s better now. Not so hot.” He turned over his shoulder and took a look at me.