A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Twenty-eight

"We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." ~ Kurt Vonnegut, Mother Night: A novel

♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪

2012 © All rights reserved

A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Twenty-eight

"Thanks for coming along," I said to Colin as we crossed the street to the St. Andrew Presbyterian Church.

He narrowed his eyes, "You don't have to thank me. I wanted to come anyway."

I chuckled. It had been some time since I went to the Sunday services. Back home, I would faithfully follow my mom to the Sunday services. In fact, I would always been there earlier and finished later because I was part of the worship team. That was how I practised my drumming as well.

"It's good to have Sunday morning free," I said. "It's been awhile."

"Yeah," he said. "But why this church?"

I laughed, "Because I'm a Presbyterian."

"Oh?"

"Yeah, I followed my mom."

He nodded. Most of the English were either Anglicans or Catholics. It was really rare to find Presbyterians. But mom grew up in the states where the Presbyterians were much of a majority.

"You didn't invite Zayn along?" he asked.

I sighed.

Actually, we had a little argument over coming to church. He was of course, willing to come along but I could sense his reluctance. So, why force him?

"He didn't really want to come..." I said.

He nodded in understanding, "He's Muslim, after all."

I sighed again.

"Have you guys ever discussed religion?"

"Huh?"

"Well," he continued. "I'm not sure about you. But for me, it would be important that my partner shares the same religious views as me."

"Was Kate an Anglican too?"

"We went to the same church," he smiled.

"That's nice..."

"So?"

"No," I said. "Haven't really got the time to talk about such stuff. Most of the time, we were dead beat when we got back to the room. And then, it's bedtime."

T

He shrugged, "Well, I don't like to be the one to lecture you on this."

"Hmm?"

"You do know what the bible teaches about dating a non-Christian, and about pre marital relationships..."

"Of course," I replied. "My mom had also reminded me so many times. Zayn and I are safe."

He chuckled, "You don't have to tell me that."

"Well..." I blushed.

"Then you should know the beliefs between Islam and Christianity are way much too different. Now, you guys are simply dating but in the future...?"

"I don't know," I shrugged. "I don't even know if there's a future for us."

Just then, the church bell rang to mark the start of the service. Both of us hastened our footsteps as we joined the others into the church.