A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Ten

Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.  ~ Dr. Seuss

♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪  ♫  ♪ ♫  ♪ ♫  ♪  ♫   ♪  ♫  ♪ ♫  ♪ ♫  ♪ ♫  ♪

2012 © All rights reserved

A ЂώζЅŧ of Fate ♪ Ten

"Thanks for taking me."

I flashed Colin one of my biggest smile as I thanked him for taking me to town. We have finally arrived in Paris - the capital and largest city of France. This was the first stop of One Direction's Europe tour after America.

Val and I had dreamt of visiting Paris when we graduated from high school. It was like the city of romance to all the love-struck girls back home. It was a city that was so far, yet so near to home - a mere five hours ride by Eurostar. But now with my travelling with the band, I was actually in Paris - without Val. My heart tore at the very thought of not sharing all these with my best friend. One consolation though - Val had started talking to me again. So, I could now at least carry a smile on my face easily.

The boys had left before the break of dawn for a video shoot and would be out for the entire day. And that gave me an entire free day to myself since we had no practice as well. It was a rare occasion that I got a whole day off - that was a disadvantage of this job - you don't get days off as and when you like.

So, since it's my day off, why waste it? I must of course, make a trip into town and explore the beautiful city. But I have never been out on my own since I've never even step out of my own city. The idea of exploring the city was terrifying. Hence, when I found out Colin was going out, I decided to tag along.

"Where would you like to go?" Colin asked after we were done with breakfast and were ready to head out.

I scratched my head and answered sheepishly, "I'm not sure. I have never been to Paris. Just wanted to explore around..."

"Then you'll probably want to see the Eiffel Tower, the Lourve, the Notre-Dame Cathedral and the Arch de Triumph..." he wondered aloud.

"Where did you want to go in the first place if I haven't asked to tag along?" I asked him.

He shrugged, "Probably just hang around Champs-Élysées." Then he added, "Well, it's okay. I can be a tourist again." He smiled cheerfully. "But don't get your hopes too high if you want to up the Eiffel Tower or the Lourve. I'm not going to queue and waste my time there!" he warned.

He led me to the nearby Metro station.

"We'll take the Metro and alight at the Opéra station and walk from there," he informed me.

I simply nodded since I had no idea where to go.

The weather was warm but not too hot to explore. I was glad I could shed my warm heavy jackets and walk about in light summer clothes.

The first thing that struck my attention was the French Metro. You actually had to release the lock on the door and slide it open on your own to get on and off. And the train drivers were such impatient people - you barely have five seconds before the door closing bell rings.

It took us approximately fifteen minutes to arrive at Opéra station. I found out that the Opéra Garnier was one of the largest opera houses in Paris. It was a beautiful colonial building location right smack in one of the busiest streets in Paris - Champs-Élysées.