Chapter 6~ Jesse

Chapter 6~ Jesse

"So, that's our school." Beca said concluding our tour.

I was disappointed because I didn't want to leave her side but I put on a happy face.

"Y'know we have lots of classes together." she said bringing some good news as she scanned through my schedule once more before handing it to me.

She looked at me and our eyes locked and we started speaking in a lower voice.

"Great." I replied as inched my way to her getting the permission from her eyes.

"Uh, yeah and we can meet up for lunch." She said when I was standing right in front of her.

"I'd love that." I said as I dropped my backpack onto the ground.

"Meet me at my locker." She said as I started slowly leaning my head toward her.

She glanced at my lips, that were making their way to meet hers, and she slightly tilted her head preparing for the impact of our lips. We were close enough now that I could feel her breath hitch against my lips. Our lips didn't even get the chance to touch before she broke eye contact and turned her face away from me. She quickly scooted toward the lockers behind her and farther from me. She quickly glanced up at me then back down to the ground.

"Uh so see you at lunch." She said.

"Yeah. What class is next?" I asked trying to change the subject.

I have so many emotions flowing through my body right now. I felt an apology was  in order but I didn't know how, I felt desire for her but knew I couldn't have her, and the thing I felt most was that she wanted to kiss me as much I did her but I'm not completely sure.

"The bell for second to end is about to ring so go to third." her voice was now airy but kind.

She stood there with a look of concentration on her face as she stared at the ground.

"Beca, I'm really sorry. I didn't mean to offend you or complicate things, I just, I don't know what came over me."

"What? Oh no, it's fine. It's not you I just have a lot to think about. I gotta go. If you need help just ask." she said completely off focus.

I watched as she quickly walked away, turning the corner and out of site.

"Oh my God! You are such an idiot!" I began yelling and giving myself a lecture as I smacked my head. "Look at that girl! She's is the most beautiful girl you have ever seen and she was actually being nice to you but you just had to screw things up with her! Now she won't even think about looking your way, God you are just a genius!! Nice job."

The bell rang for second period to end.

"Come on genius, you have to get to class. Just because she won't give you the time of day doesn't mean you can't sit and admire her from afar." I said and snatched my bag up off the ground as everyone started rushing out into the hallways.