Chapter 7~ Beca

Chapter 7~ Beca

I heard Jesse lecturing himself. I heard him compliment me and put himself down. All I could think is that he didn't push me away, he did anything but that. I wanted him to kiss me and I know it's wrong because I just met him and I have a boyfriend but I just can't seem to keep my mind from running  back to that moment. I keep thinking about how it would have felt, our tongues tangled together, his hands on my waist and mine curled in his hair, our breathing becoming faster and faster with every kiss, I want it. I want so bad. I can't have it. I think about Asher but I don't feel I have betrayed him, I feel that I've betrayed myself. I deserve happiness, Jesse gives me that. The question is, does Asher?

I'm sitting in English class, one of the classes I share with Jesse, and I can feel him staring at me. I volunteered to answer a question on the board and when I rose out of my seat I saw Jesse out of the corner of my eye. God, I'm just desiring him right now. I wanna feel his touch again. Just thinking about it makes my hand, where he touched it, tingle. My mind was distracted and I had completely forgotten what I was supposed to be writing on the board, luckily, the teacher had left the room and Brittany, realizing I'm lost, texted me the question I was asked. I quickly scribbled the answer on the board and took my seat. For the remainder of the class I did nothing but watch the clock, I couldn't wait for lunch.

I was maybe 5 feet away from my locker when I saw that familiar almond hair. Jesse was leaning against it waiting for me. He looked up and saw me and I immediately saw that sparkle in his beautiful green eyes. I did my best to hold back the smile that was threatening to escape.

"Hey." I said when I finally reached him.

"Hey." he said back as he slid over so I could get to my locker.

"Good job on remembering, I almost forgot." I lied trying not seem to eager.

He let out a sigh of a laugh.

"I'll take that as a compliment." he said getting a giggle out of me.

That was a very girly move but he didn't seem to mind.t (657)-269-8239m 

"I just love your laugh."

Seriously! Is he trying to drive me crazy?!

"Actually that was a giggle not a laugh, very lame of me." I said as I put my books into my locker.

"It's not lame. I think it's cute, and it's close enough to a laugh."

This is so emotionally draining. God give me the strength. I closed my locker and turned to him.

"Ready?" I asked.

"Yup." he said and followed me down to the cafeteria.

I walked into the cafeteria with Jesse trailing behind me and Asher' s eyes following us as we made a bee line to Brittany who was already in line.

"Hey Brit, this is Jesse." I introduced her.

Jesse stuck his hand out and Brittany shook it. She gave me a look that she gives me every time she sees a hot guy.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Jesse."

"Pleasure' s mine."

Brittany giggled indicating that she is now flirting. This shouldn't have bothered me but I'm big enough to admit that seeing Brittany flirt with the guy I almost kissed set a fire inside of me.

"Manners and looks." Brittany said looking at Jesse then back at me, "He's a keeper, Bec but I thought you already had a boyfriend." She finished giving me a mischievous smile.

Of course. I should've seen this coming, she saved my butt in English and now she's doing something to equal things out.

"You do?"Jesse asked, the smile he was once carrying disappearing.

"Yeah she does. He's blondie over there." Brittany answered for me and pointed out Asher who was hosting around with his soccer friends.

"She didn't tell you?" Brittany asked and I could tell she regretted saying that as soon as she saw the look on Jesse's face. "He's the captain of the soccer team. He and Beca have been together all year. If I were you, if steer clear of him. Beca won't admit it but he's a total douche." She explained.

I felt my face go red and I quickly looked away from them. I caught a glance of Jesse through the corner of my eye. He looked at me with a disappointed look then looked straight ahead. It was an awkward silence the rest of the art through the line.

After we finally got our trays I sat beside Asher and Brittany sat beside me. I saw Jesse take a detour and sit at a lonely table in the corner of the cafeteria making me feel worse.

-----------------------------------------

Don't really know what to say except sorry for any mistakes this hasn't been proofread.