Chapter 34~ Jesse 2.0

It's been a little over a week since Beca and I, well, you know. It's now Monday of new week and only a few days away from my birthday. My parents car broke down once again so I'm sitting on my porch waiting for Beca. I hear a loud honk and look up to see Beca's car parked in front of my house. I smile before walking toward her.

"Hey." I said then gave her a quick peck on the cheek as I sat in the car.

"Hey." she said, not taking her eyes off of whatever she's doing on her phone. She looks a little uncomfortable.

"Hello. Earth to Beca." I snapped my fingers in front of her face.

"Sorry." she said with a smile and set her phone on the console. "Come here." she grabbed the back of my neck and pulled my lips onto hers.

"So, what do you want for your birthday?" she asked as she put the car in drive and headed for the school.

"Ugh, you know about that."

"Of course I do. So...?"

"I don't want anything.

"Come on. There's gotta be something you want."

"Nope."

"Just think about it."

"Ok, but there's nothing that I want." I said, then it was quiet.

       ~

After a few minutes of dead silence we pulled into the school's rowdy parking lot. Justin, Taylor, and Brittany were waiting for us as we pulled up beside Brittany' s car. I heard Beca' s phone ring as I stepped out of the car. She stayed in the car and answered the text, I get the feeling there's something she's not telling me.

I push it aside as she steps out of the car and joins the group. She laces her fingers with mine but she still has the uncomfortable look on her face. The other three headed into the building and Beca started to follow but I stopped her.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"What do you mean?"

"You don't look happy like you normally do. What aren't you telling me?" the first bell rang and Beca tried to use it as an excuse. "Bec, talk to me."

"Tell you what. I'll tell you when you tell me what you want for your birthday." I chuckled a little.

"This again?" she smiled and nodded at me. I looked up as I thought about it. "I already have what I want, right here." I said as I wrapped my arms around her waist. "Your turn." the second bell rang before she could answer.

"Later, let's get to class."  she said then dragged me inside.

What is she not telling me?! This is going to drive me crazy!!

----------------------

Short chapter, sorry!