Chapter 16~ Jesse

Chapter 16~ Jesse

So I used some cheesy lines but I can't help it, she makes me nervous. There's just something about Beca.

When she finally came back from the bathroom, Brittany asked Taylor and Justin to go with her somewhere, leaving me and Beca all alone at the table. She sat in the chair that Brittany was previously sitting in and it was completely silent for a moment.

"So, do you wanna do something sometime, y'know, together?" She asked her question shocking me.

"Uh, what about your boyfriend?" I eyed Asher as I spoke.

Her eyes followed my gaze to look at an angry Asher then she turned back to me.

"Yeah, you don't have to worry about him. I think I'm going to end it with him."

"Beca, I didn't mean to get in the way of any-"

"No, it's not because of you. Well, not completely. You're right, Asher is a douche and I don't feel, well for a lack of better words, satisfied with our relationship."

I couldn't help but smile as she bit her cheek and stared down at the table.

"Do you wanna go see that new movie Beautiful Creatures? I can get us 10 o'clock tickets for Friday." I said and she looked up at me with a smile.

"I'd love that." She said and stood up.

"Great. I'll text you more details after I talk to my parents about the car situation."

The bell rang as she nodded her head and helped me stand.

It's Thursday and I can't wait for tomorrow. This week has gone by pretty fast with dirty looks from Asher every time he saw me. Beca hasn't told him about this plan and she hasn't broken up with him yet. We have been texting all week and she said that she hasn't broken up with him yet because she was waiting for the right moment.

By this time my ankle is healed up most of the way and I'm now running the mile in P.E. The girls are having their P.E. class in the same gym as us because the one they usually use is being repaired, a storm made the roof collapse. Fortunately, Beca is in this class but unfortunately, so is Asher.

The girls are playing volleyball which makes running the mile much harder when you have to try and dodge a bunch of balls flying at your head.

I'm running around the makeshift track painted on the gym floor while listening to Ignition Remix by R. Kelly when I feel a ball hit the side of my leg. I stop and pull one of my headphones from my ear and I bend over and pick up the ball. I see Beca walking toward me with her hands held out in front of her waiting for me to toss the ball. I stuck the ball out in front of me and waited for her to get close enough to grab it.

"Thanks." She said with a little smile.

"You're welcome."

"God, you need a shower."

I chuckled and she smiled over her shoulder as she walked back to the court. I watched her as she served the ball over the net then I put my headphone back in my ear and began running around the track again.

I'm running my last lap and right as my music goes silent for transition, I hear the girls all start to cheer. I go to look when I felt a set hands ram into my back and I went tumbling across the floor landing on my stomach. I rolled onto my back just in time to see a fist connect with my nose. Asher was standing over me looking very angry. He winded his hand back to punch me again but right as his fist was about to slam into my face again, I caught it. He tried to yank it free but I didn't let go so he threw a punch with his other fist. I caught that one as well.

Mr. Gary, the guys P.E. teacher, pulled Asher off of me and Beca was at my side helping me stand up. Asher was viciously fighting trying to free himself from Mr. Gary but that teacher had a surprisingly strong grip for an old man.

"You ok?" Beca asked.

"Yeah, I think he broke my nose." I said.

She lifted my head up toward the light and examined my nose.

"It doesn't look broken."

"How can you tell?"

"I may have broken my brother's nose when we were younger." She said sounding a little to happy.

I just smiled at her and she smiled back.

"Ok, back to work. Class is still in session." Mrs. Pepper, the girls P.E. teacher, yelled. "Mrs. Lawson, I'd advise you to take care of your boyfriend."

Beca nodded and Mrs. Pepper took me up to the nurse. Before exiting the gym I heard Beca yell at Asher, she's all kinds of mad about this.