Chapter 31~ Beca

Chapter 31~ Beca

I heard snickers from every direction as Asher's secret was spilled through the p/a. Asher's face was as red as a fire engine and when he looked at me I could see the flames in his eyes. I just shrug my shoulders as I laugh along with the class, even the teacher couldn't hold it back. 

When the bell finally rang I saw Asher trying to get to me so I scooped up my books and ran. I kept running until I made it to the meeting place. I tossed my books on the floor and grabbed Jesse. I pulled him out of the building and led him to the back by the track and out of sight.

I dropped to my knees, out of breath, as Jesse dropped to his beside me. He smiled at me and kissed my forehead. He laid on his back, grabbing my hand and pulling me down with him. I stretched out beside him as he intertwined our hands.

"He's gonna kill us." I said as looked up at him.

"Probably." he stared up at the sky as he caressed my hand with his thumb. "Why are you staring at me?" he asked without taking his eyes off the sky.

"I'm not." he turned his head to look at me. "I'm admiring." he chuckled as he leaned down and kissed me, short and sweet. 

"So, where's my phone?" I asked when he pulled away.

"Oh right." he began patting his pockets. "Here it is." he said as he pulled it out of his pocket and handed it to me.

"Really?" I asked when I opened my phone to see a picture of him opened in the gallery.

"Yeah. Thought you could use a picture of me as my caller I.D."

"You forgot to do one thing."

"What?" I turned the phone to show him what I had done.

"Change my wallpaper." I smiled as he eyed the adorable picture of him.

"Your turn. Sit up." he pulled me up as he sat up. He pulled his phone out and clicked the camera icon. 

"What are you doing?"

"Taking a picture of you, now look adorable..er."

"That's not a word."

"Just do it." I surrendered to his bossiness and smiled at him. "Bite your lip in that cute way that always makes me want you, more." I laughed but obeyed. He snapped the picture, clicked a few buttons then showed it to me.

"Ew. I'm so not photogenic." I said, pushing his phone away from me.

"I begged a differ. In fact, this picture is so beautiful that I think it should be my girlfriend." he joked.

"You're idiot." I said with a giggle.

"Thank you. Wait, that's a good thing, right?" I leaned closer to him.

"Yes. You're my idiot." I said then kissed him. This time it was long and hard. The 5 minute bell rang and broke us apart. "Sh*t! We have to get to class." I said as I frantically rose to my feet.

"Yeah, I'm not going." Jesse said.

"What? Why?"

"Well first of all, it's P.E. Second, I really don't want to face the wrath of Asher just yet."

"What about your parents? Won't they be mad?"

"Furious but I can handle them. I'll see you later." I stood there in thought for a minute then sat back down beside him. "What are you doing?"

"Staying here. I may get grounded but it's worth it."

"Bec, I-"

"Jesse, I'm staying with you. Don't try to talk me out of it." he wanted to say something else but I gave him a look and he surrendered.

Skipping class is kind of scary but not being with Jesse is like a nightmare. A few minutes of silence pass by and Jesse notices how nervous I am. I feel his hand lightly run up and down my back as he talks to me.

"You've never done this before, have you?"

"That noticeable?"

"Kind of." he sits behind me, putting me between his legs and wrapping his arms around me. I lean into him and as his soft lips press against my temple I feel the nervousness leave my body.

"I love you." I say as I stare out at the beauty of the nature surrounding us.

He doesn't say anything as he buries his head into my neck and places a light kiss on it. He doesn't have to say anything, I know exactly how he feels because I feel the same way about him.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry about the lateness of the update but I've been working on my other book. It's a lot better than this one, which I wrote like 3 years ago.

Anyway, hope you enjoyed!