Chapter 28~ Jesse

Chapter 28~ Jesse

We were just about to sit and enjoy our dinner of barbeque ribs, green beans, and mashed potatoes when someone knocked on the door.

"I'll get it." I said then walked to the door.

"Beca?" I said when I saw my girlfriend standing on my porch crying. "What's wrong? Why are you crying?" I asked as I wiped the tears away.

"I'm so sorry, Jess." I heard her quickly say then run into my arms.

I wrapped my arms around her, pulled her inside a little more then closed the door. I gently pulled her away from my body and bent down until I was eye to eye with her.

"What are you sorry for, Bec?" she sniffed and wiped the tears away before answering.

"Asher and I..we kissed."

It felt as if my heart had dropped to my stomach. The anger started to bubble up as I asked myself Why would she kiss him?. I quickly calmed myself down and decided to let her explain before I made any rash decisions that I would regret later.

"Jess?" Beca grabbed my attention.

"Why?" I asked.

"Can we talk about this somewhere else?"

No we can talk about it now!!

"Sure. Go upstairs, my room is the first door on the right. I'll meet you there." I said. She nodded then headed upstairs.

I took a minute to think. An image of Asher kissing my girl ran through my head and made me shiver.

"Mom, dad, may I be excused? Beca's here and there's something we really need to talk about."

"Of course dear but take your food with you." my mom answered.

I thanked her, grabbed my food and headed upstairs. I stopped at my bedroom door for a second before going in.

Beca was sitting on my bed with her head in her hands and it looked like she was crying. I slowly walked over and set my food on my nightstand.

"Bec." I said and she looked up at me with red puffy eyes. I knelt down in front of her and she followed me with her eyes "Do you wanna tell me what happened? Why you kissed Asher?"

"I didn't mean for it to happen. He had a sister but she died and we were close friends. He used that against me with a made up sob story. My girl instincts kicked in and it was pity kiss. Not even 3 seconds long and the guilt immediately hit me. I love you Jesse, not him. I wanna be with you."

I lifted myself up a little and pressed my lips against hers.

"You're not mad?" she asked when I pulled away.

I sat on the bed beside her and took her hands in mine.

"No I'm not mad. It was just a kiss and you told me after it happened. That's enough for me. I love you too much for some silly little pity kiss to bother me." she smiled and kissed me again.

I put one of my hands on the back of her head and wrapped the other one around her waist. She grabbed a handful of my shirt in each hand and pulled me closer to her. The kiss deepened and our breathing got faster.

"Jess." is all Beca got out before I kissed her again but I knew what she was saying.

"You're right, we should stop." I said between kisses but didn't make any effort to actually stop.

I made my way to her neck and nibbled at it making her giggle.

"Jesse." she said and nudged me away.

"What?" I asked with a smile.

"Your parents are downstairs."

"Right and it would be weird if we were to continue this." she nodded.

I turned to my nightstand and began messing with my food. I opened my can of pop and took a drink then offered it to Beca. I watched her as she sipped the pop from the can. She handed the pop back to me but instead of grabbing it I pounced on her. She let out a little shriek and dropped the can on the floor.

"I love you." I said as I ran my hand through her hair.

"I love you, too."

With my hand still in her hair I leaned over and kissed her. Suddenly, my bedroom door swung open.

"Is everything ok up here?" I heard my mom's voice.

Beca and I looked up at her at the same time. This just got awkward, I'm laying on top of my girlfriend in my room with my mom peering in at us. My mom caught on and immediately began excusing herself.

"Um, I'm sorry. I just...I heard screaming. I can see you're fine so I'm just gonna..I'm sorry." she said then closed the door.

I heard Beca start to giggle from beneath me. I looked down at her with a smile.

"That was awkward." she said.

"Yeah, leave it to your parents to kill the mood." I said then pulled myself off of her. "Ok, let's eat this food and watch some TV."

She got comfortable on my bed as I put a movie into the DVD player. I grabbed the remote off of my dresser and flopped down on my bed beside Beca. I started the movie then pulled the plate of food into my lap. I cut a piece of rib off and pointed it to Beca.

"That's delicious." she said as she swallowed the piece of me. I smiled and motioned for her to watch the movie.

Halfway through the movie Beca fell asleep on my chest. I played with her hair as I slowly began to fall asleep.

------------------------------------

Short chapter but...... Hope you enjoyed!!!