Chapter 25~ Beca

Chapter 25~ Beca

Well that's just perfect. Not only is my dad giving Jesse that look every father gives his daughter's boyfriend when he catches them kissing in her room but now my mom is starting in with her infamous boyfriend interrogation.

"She was dating Asher then, right?" My mom asked and I rolled my eyes. I noticed Jesse starting to look a little uncomfortable so I grabbed his hand under the table.

"Um, yes she was." He answered as he quickly glanced down at our hands and tightened his grip.

"He's a sweet boy, I've known his mama since high school." Jesse looked over at me, his eyes begging me for help. "So are you the reason the two broke up?"

"Mom!" I yelled surprised by her question.

"What? You and Jesse were together not even a day after you ended things with Asher. I just want to know." She said then took a bite of green beans.

"If you wanna know this stuff then ask me. It's my life not Jesse's, how is he supposed to know why I broke up with Asher?" I said then angrily gulped down my water.

"Ok. Is he?"

"No.....maybe......I don't know." My answers changed as my mom stared at me.

"Think about it Beca. Think hard." My mom said still staring at me. I looked down at Jesse's hand still tangled with mine and thought about it.

I thought about the way I all but melt when he smiles at me, the way a tingling sensation shoots through my body when he touches me, the way he promises to stick with me through anything Asher throws at us but most importantly, I thought about the way he makes me feel and the way I feel about him.

"Yes." I said under my breath.

"What?" My mom asked. I looked up at her then Jesse then stared at the table as I spoke.

"I broke up with Asher because I realized I didn't love him. I had fallen in love with another guy, I had fallen in love with Jesse." Jesse began caressing the back of my hand with his thumb and I looked into his eyes. "I knew the moment I saw you that I wanted to be yours." I said and he smiled at me.

"I love you, too." He said. I smiled back at him then, ignoring my dad's glares, I pushed myself up on the chair until I was face to face with Jesse and kissed him. When I sat back down in my chair I proceeded to eat when Ben clapped his hands together, scaring the h*ll out of me.

"Congratulations, you guys passed." He said as he stood from his chair.

"Passed what?" Jesse asked before I could.

"This was a test. I wanted to make sure you two felt the same way about each other before I let you date my sister."

"Let? Ben, you don't have a choice in my relationships." I said.

"Sure I do, why do you think you and Asher broke up?"

"Uh, I just told you." He shook his head gave me a cheesy smile.

"No sis, you broke up with him because of me. Think about it, I told you he was jerk and just days later you dumped his sorry a*s."

"You watch your mouth, but he is right, Beca." My mom said. I thought about it for a minute.

"No, I refuse to believe that." I said. He shrugged his shoulders then put his dishes in the sink.

"Believe what you will." He said then jogged up the stairs. I rolled my eyes then went back to eating.

           ~

"Your mom is a great cook." Jesse said as he raked excess food from a plate into the trash can. Dinner is over and my parents gave me the task of doing the dishes and Jesse decided to help me.