Chapter 12~ Jesse

Chapter 12~ Jesse

It's Thursday, 3 days after Beca kissed me, and I don't want to go to school. I've managed to steer clear of Asher but I'm worried that he will eventually find out and hurt me or worse, hurt Beca.

I slowly drug myself out of bed and lazily threw some clothes on. I skipped breakfast and missed the bus. Instead of bugging my parents I decided to just walk to school.

The bell rang just as I shut my locker indicating that I am now late for class. That's good because I have  class with both Beca and Asher. Great. 45 minutes of watching Beca pretend that nothing ever happened and seeing her look at me with that desire in her eyes. I know she feels guilty about what happened but never once have I seen her show even the slightest bit of regret.

I watched as she talked and laughed with Brittany and every time I passed her in the hall she would manage to lock her eyes with mine without her friends noticing.

It's finally lunch time and I met up with a couple of my friends who aren't losers but aren't popular. They are Taylor Bieber and Justin Swift. Now I know what you are thinking but no, they are not related to Justin Bieber or Taylor Swift in any way. After getting out trays we made our way to our usual spots in the corner of the cafeteria. The other two started a conversation and tried to include me but my head wasn't in it. My attention was directed more toward Beca. I tuned my friends out and watched Beca. She wasn't acting like herself, she was just sitting at her table twirling her fries in her ketchup. She glanced at me then said something to Brittany. They stood simultaneously and headed for the bathroom after dumping their trays. I watched as they swerved through the crowd of juniors then quickly passed me.

A few minutes after watching Beca and Brittany disappear into the ladies restroom, my friends and I dumped our trays and headed out to the lobby. I was just approaching the cafeteria door when Asher jumped in front of me and started spewing venom in my face. He started off with a bunch of crap about me kissing his girl meaning that the day I was dreading finally came. He heard about it. I wasn't about to tell him what really went down that day so I just stood there and pretended to listen. He figured out that I was ignoring him and he slammed his fist into my face. Justin and Taylor tried to help me but Asher' s friends held them back. Since I'm a lover not a fighter I quickly realized...I'm screwed. He threw a couple more punches then I saw the soccer team throw Justin and Taylor to the side and join in.

Beca please help me!!!