Chapter 32~ Beca 2.0

This chapter wasn't originally in the book that's why I called it Beca 2.0. Anyway, enjoy!!

------------------------------------

It's been 5 minutes since school ended and we're on our way back to Jesse's. About halfway there I get a phone call. I look at the caller I.D. to see the word 'Mom'. I'm in trouble.

"Hello." I answer and, as expected, my mom blows up on me.

"Rebeca Marie Lawson you are so grounded! Skipping class?! What were you thinking?!"  she yelled through the phone loud enough for Jesse to hear it.

"Mom, calm down."

"Don't you tell me to calm down young lady."

"For God's sake it was P.E. What could I have possibly missed?"

"That's not the point, Rebeca! You know better than to skip a class of any kind! Was it that Jesse that made you do it? He's a bad influence on you, Beca."

"Mom, Jesse had nothing to do with it." I lied. "I didn't want to go to class because of Asher."

"Right, and what did Asher do?'

"Can we talk about it at home?"

"No, you can tell me now."

"I'd really rather talk about this later."

"And I'd really rather you tell me now before I get angrier." Jesse, being able to hear the whole conversation because of my mom's big mouth, grabbed my hand as if to assure me it's ok. I looked at him and he smiled at me.

"He kissed me. He used my friendship with his sister against me and we kissed. He almost ruined my relationship with Jesse." she calmed down and stopped yelling.

"Oh, well I'm sorry to hear that. That doesn't excuse you from your punishment, though. You are to come straight home and the rest of it will be determined from there."

"Actually, I have to stop at Jesse's. My car is still there."

"Fine, but be home no later than 20 minutes." I agreed and hung up.

"Sorry, I told you she would go crazy."

"I'm a bad influence? I told you not to skip class." He joked with my mom's words.

"Shut up." I giggled and nudged him.

"Rebeca Marie, huh? So original."

"And Jesse Lee isn't?"

"Touche."

            ~

I ended up being grounded from going anywhere after school, I have to stay cooped up in my room, I can't have my phone, and the WiFi password has been changed so I can use my laptop but I can't have the internet. To describe it in one sentence, absolute boredom for one week.

I'm sitting on my bed typing an essay for a class when I hear something strange outside. I figured it was just a raccoon and  continued to write. After a minute I decided that maybe it wasn't a raccoon. I closed my laptop and tossed my glasses on my bed before slowly making my way to my bedroom window. I opened it cautiously and peered out of it.

"Boo." Jesse jumped in front of me causing me shriek.

"Sh*t, Jesse. That's not funny." I said as he laughed and crawled through the window.

"Beca, is everything ok up there!?" My mom yelled from downstairs.

"Yeah, everything's fine! I just..saw a spider!" I lied. "Jesse, you  have to go. My parents will catch you."