Two

"For my big sister."

I held on tighter as I started to cry, "No, no, Chucky. You can't do this. I need you here. Don't do this."

He looked at Thomas and me before giving a small smile. "Thank you." He took one final breath before his eyes became lifeless.

I shook him. "Chuck? Chucky?" I started crying harder. "Chuck!"

I gasped up and looked around the room. I'm not at WICKED headquarters. I'm at some unknown place with people who saved us. I'm with the Gladers and we're safe. Except Chuck.

I gasped again when I heard someone pounding on my door rapidly. I got up and ran over. The moment I answered it, I had to jump back when the Gladers began swarming in. Thomas went further into the room and checked our surroundings. Newt came in next and wrapped one arm around me while the other held the back of my head. Minho came after, followed by Frypan, then Winston.

"What's going on?" I asked. The boys just came in here like the building's on fire.

"Teresa!" Thomas yelled as he searched the room. He came over to me and gripped my shoulders. "Dan, where's Teresa?" In answer we heard the sound of the toilet flushing. He let's go of me. "Thank, god."

I looked at all of them in confusion. "What's going on?"

"Short story. Someone decide to hang the guys who saved us," Minho said.

My mouth flew open. "What?" What does he mean by that? Why would someone kill the people who saved us?

"And we got a lovely meet and greet with these things called Cranks in our room. Did you not hear us screaming, Shuck-face?"

I ignored his comment as I shook my head. "No. I haven't heard anything in here." Thomas looked at the bathroom door before making his way towards it. I ran over and grabbed his arm. "You can't go in there, Tom Tom."

"Why not?" He asked. I could see the panic look in his eyes.

"You're used to living with a bunch of boys and Danny," Newt answered for me. "If it's not polite for you to go bloody stomping into the bathroom with Danny in, what makes you think it ok with Teresa? Just wait till she comes out."

Thomas nodded. "Then we need to get everybody in here and have a Gathering," Minho said. "It doesn't stink in here, and there aren't any windows for Cranks to scream at us."

I gave them confused looks. "Cranks?"

Minho shook his head. "You don't want to know." He rubbed his hands together. "Ok, I'll get everyone in here."

He left without saying another word. I sighed as I went back towards my bed. First, the Maze. Now, Cranks. What's next? Killer Unicorns. I glanced at Thomas to see him looking at the bathroom door. Teresa needs to hurry up or else he's going to have a heart attack. Or become a peeping Tom.

Newt came over and sat next me. He wrapped his arm around my shoulders before kissing my head. "You all right?" He asked.

I nodded. "I'm fine."

"Danny."

I sighed as I leaned my head against his shoulder. "Everything hurts. I feel like...I feel like someone grabbed a piece of my heart that Chuck was in and wanked him out." I let out a shaky breath. "It just hurts so much to even grasp that he's gone and there's nothing I can do to get him back."

Newt gave me a sad look before wrapping his other arm around me. I wanted to cry so much. I hate it. I hate how Chuck isn't here with us. Right now...right now, I could just imagine him making a joke to calm all of us down. Or at least try to prank one of us. I miss him so much.