Twenty-Six

Either I need to lift more weights or Thomas needs to lose some. Newt and Minho held Thomas by his shoulders while Jorge and I got his legs. I kept casting worry glances at him. If it wasn't for the fact that his chest kept rising and falling rapidly, you would think he was dead. He keeps coming in and out of consciousness as we ran up the steep hill.

"Here. We have to do it here," Jorge said.

I sighed happily before we gently set him down. "Finally. It's getting hot and carrying this shank isn't helping."

"Maybe you should take off your shirt," Aris suggested.

"Shut up," Newt, Minho, and I snapped at him. This made Tony chuckle.

Tony looked at him amusingly. "I would listen if I were you. Two of them could actually kill you and I know one of them will."

I glared at Tony. "You. Don't talk."

Thomas groaned in his sleep as he clutched on his shoulder.

"We need to get that bullet out of him now," Newt said.

Jorge nodded. "I need something sharp to pull the bullet out and fire to sterilize the needle...and the wound."

"Is it going to hurt?" I asked.

"For him, chica, it is."

I winced. "Ok, where are we suppose to find a needle, thread, and fire."

Tony suddenly placed his hand on Minho's shoulder and started digging through his pocket.

Minho started to move around. "Hey, man. I don't know you like that."

Tony kept patting Minho around. "Would you hold still?" He smirked before pulling a knife from Minho's belt loop and handed it to Jorge. "Might not be tweezers, but it's better than nothing."

Minho suddenly jerked himself away. "Touch me again, I'll make you regret it."

Tony gave him a look while placing his hand over his heart. "Oh, I'm so scared," he said sarcastically. Wouldn't want to ruin your hair, now would we?"

"You know, shuckface -"

I quickly placed myself between them before they could actually fight. "Guys. Come on. Tom Tom could be dying right now."

Minho snapped his gaze at me. "Are you really defending this Crank? Did you forget that he left you for dead?"

"I'm not defending him. And in case you forgot, you got that nasty vile that got Chuck out of my head. So either you two kiss and make up or I'm kicking both your asses. And you know I'll do it."

Minho scoffed. "I'd rather kiss you again." I wanted to groan. Really, Minho?

Newt then jerked his head towards us. Any faster than he might have gotten a whiplash. "Excuse me? Again? What do you mean again?"

I waved it off. "Back in the Maze when we found out how to get out of there. Don't worry, it didn't mean anything."

Newt then crossed his arms with his brow raised. "Well, if it bloody didn't mean anything, then why not tell me?"

I gave him a look. "Because it didn't mean anything."

Minho nodded. "Tiger's right. Newt, I was just happy that we found a way out of that shuck place."

"Enough to kiss my girlfriend?"

"Don't act like you would have done the same."

"I would have because she's mine."