Eleven

My eyes squinted as I tried to get a closer look. It's Teresa. It has to be. If it was Group B, we would have been attacked by now. Well, according to WICKED. Teresa was staring at us with her arms crossed.

"You think that's Teresa?" Newt asked.

I could see Thomas nodding before he looked around the group. When his eyes landed on me, I gave a little nod in agreement. "No clue," He lied. Don't know why, maybe it's that mind reading connection they have.

"You think she was the one screaming?" Frypan asked. "It stopped right when she walked out."

"Maybe," I said. "Unless she's torturing someone to get us out of here."

Minho grunted. "She better. She probably killed someone and put her out of her misery when she saw us." Then he clapped his hands together and rubbed them. "Ok, then, who wants to go meet this nice young lady?" Minho looked at me. "Tiger?"

I furrowed my eyebrows. "Why me?"

He shrugged his shoulders. "I don't know. She might take it easy on you while you talk and paint each others nails."

I scoffed. "Right. And after that we could braid each other's hair and gossip about all you shanks while we drink tea."

"I'll do it," Thomas said a bit eagerly.

"I was just kidding, shuck-face," Minho said.

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, if it was him. And what if that's not Teresa and just some girl? What if that girl has an army of psycho ninjas in that shack? Huh? Ever thought of that, shank?"

"Psycho ninjas?" Newt repeated amusingly, trying to stop a fight before it could happen. That slinthead started it.

I gave him a smile. "You know what I mean." Shucks sake, it could be Group B.

Minho placed his hands on his hips and thought for a moment. He slowly nodded his head. "Then let's all go over there."

Minho started to walk, but Thomas quickly shook his head. "No! No. You guys stay here - I'll go talk to her. Maybe it's a trap or something. We'd be idiots to all go there and fall right into it."

"And you're not an idiot for going by yourself?"

"Well, we can't just walk on by without checking it out. I'll go. If something happens, or gets suspicious, I'll call for help."

Minho paused for a moment before nodding his head. "All right. Go. Our brave little shank." Then he whacked Thomas on his back.

Oh, come on. I took a step forward. "This is ridiculous. If you guys are worried about him, I'll go. I could distract her while he runs and you guys get to safety."

"No," Newt and Thomas said simultaneously. Thomas shook his head and continued. "Just...let me do this. Something tells me we need to be careful. If I cry like a baby, come save me."

I opened my mouth to argue with him, but he already sprinted away. Really? I groaned. "What is he thinking?"

Minho shrugged his shoulders. "Shank wants to talk to his girlfriend."

I raised my finger at him. "You...don't talk to me." I walked away from them. I crossed my arms as I walked a few feet away from the Gladers. I heard someone walk behind me. I crossed my arms and looked at Newt. "I don't want talk about it."

He copied my posture. "I'm not saying anything."

I ran my hand through my hair and I sighed. "It's just Minho's head is getting bigger than his hair. Not only that he says some unnecessary comments."

He gave a little nod. "Like the pants one an hour back?"

I felt my cheeks get warmer. "Yeah. Not just that, the fact that he wanted me to go after the girl. We don't know if she's dangerous. She could have sliced my head the minute I walk in the shed."

"But you just volunteered to go with Tommy."

"Because he doesn't think straight when it comes to Teresa." Newt started to chuckle. "What?"

Newt came over and wrapped his arm around my shoulder. "Tommy running in blind after a girl. Doesn't that remind you of someone?"

"No."

Newt smiled. "Really? Just replace Teresa with a girl who could bloody flip Minho over without batting an eye. And trade Tommy for the girl's dashing boyfriend."

I know who he's talking about. But I just want to mess with him. "Dashing? Oh, please."

"Hey!"

I chuckled as I adjusted the collar of his jacket. "If anything, he's sweet." I wiped the dirt from his shoulders. "Charming."

Newt smiled while he raised his eyebrow. "Charming?"

I nodded with a smile. "Yep. He really knows how to make his girl smile. Even when she doesn't want to."

"Tell me more."

I shook my head in amusement. This shank, I swear. "Well, he saved his girl from this creep trying to get into her pants." He nodded. "He did help her fit right in the Glade. And if I remember correctly, he started a mud fight with her."

Newt pointed at me. "Hey, you started it."

"That was an accident."

"Sure it was." We started to laugh. "You know I wanted to back then."

"Wanted to what?" I asked.

"After we had our little mud fight and you were under me. I wanted to kiss you there."

"And why didn't you?"

He shrugged. "Because you were still new. I didn't want things to make things buggin' awkward between us. And I didn't know if you feel the same way."

I smiled up at him before I kissed him. I cupped the back of his neck while he placed his on my cheek. "And now?" I asked when we pulled away.

He smiled at me. "Now I think I'm the luckiest shank here."

I shook my head as I wrapped my arms around him. He immediately returned it. He started to trace the lettering on my neck. "What do you think it means?"

He shrugged his shoulders. "I don't know. It could be anything."

"Or maybe it's saving us the trouble and saying I have the Flare. You've seen what happens to the people who've got it. I'm - I'm gonna go crazy. When Thomas gets back...maybe you guys should leave without me."

"That's not an option," He said. "Like you said we don't even know what it bloody means."

"Newt-"

"We won't leave anyone behind. Especially you. We're going to the safe haven together. We'll go there, we'll get the cure. We're not leaving you here."

"What if I go crazy like those two people?"

Newt grabbed my shoulders. "Danny. We're not going to leave you, ok?"

He said they're not, but they should. If I start going insane...I'm just gonna slow them down. I'm going to be the reason why we don't make it to the safe haven. If things get out of hand, I know what must be done. I just have to wait for the right moment.

》》》》

A/N: I am sorry for this boring fluff chapter.