Thirty-Five

Five and a half hours left to make it to the safe haven. Five and a half shucking hour left.

I didn't want to leave Thomas behind. He's my friend who's with the backstabber, but the groups talked it out and we had to get going. Thomas is a big boy, he can handle himself. And if Teresa actually cared about him, like she did in the Maze, then there's a very small part of me that hopes she doesn't kill him.

There was this small part of me that hopes we were getting closer. The wind started to pick up as thunder began booming across the field. The thunder making everything a bit dark, giving it a creepy look. The only thing I'm glad about is that we're not running. My legs are still killing me from the walk. Newt didn't let go of my hand once. Tony walked by my side as he glared up at Group B. Minho kept glancing back to see if I was still there.

But I'm fine. I'm not going to run again...or make sure no one kidnaps me.

》》》》

We kept walking for a few more hours. The wind kept picking up, hurting my eyes as dust flew in them. Harriet and Minho took the lead and had everyone following them. Brenda and Jorge were talking in harsh whispers. I could tell Brenda is a bit worried about Thomas. I still am. What if he doesn't make it in time. What if we don't?

Minho held his hand up to stop the group. He took a few steps forward and scanned the area. Newt and I made our way forward to see what the group is looking at. My eyes widen. No, this can't be it. Minho crossed his arms before he spun around and grinned.

"It's about time you slowpokes caught up with us!" He yelled.

I furrowed my brows before looking back to see Thomas, Teresa, and Aris catching up. I huge relief flooded through me. But I don't like the way Teresa stood close to Thomas. What the hell happened back there?

"I thought you'd be fightin' tooth and nail with these girls after what they did to us. To me, anyway," Thomas panted.

Minho looked around the, now-mingling, group before looking at Thomas again. "Well, first of all, they have nastier weapons, not to mention bows and arrows." He motioned towards me. "Tiger has a shuck bat. She explained everything to us. We're the ones who should be surprised - that you're still with them." He gave a nasty glare to Teresa, then Aris. I did, too. "Never trusted either one of those shuck traitors."

Aris smirked at me. "At least the pretty one is here. When can I get that kiss?"

This time Newt glared at him. Tony grabbed the bat from me and pointed it at Aris. "The only thing that is going to get kiss is this bat up your ass if you talk to her like that again," he sneered. I gave a satisfied grin at Tony when I see Ari gulp.

 I gave a satisfied grin at Tony when I see Ari gulp

"They're on our side," Thomas defended them. Why is he defending them? They tried to kill him for shucks sake.

Minho let out a bitter laugh. "Figured you'd say something like that. Let me guess, it's a long story?"

"Yeah, a very long story." He gave us a confused look. "Why'd you all stop here? What's everyone looking at?"

Minho stepped aside and motioned behind him. "Have a peeky-peek yourself."

Thomas gave us a confused look as he walked around. Only to find the disappointment we found not even three minutes ago. That simple stick that's poking out of the ground. The orange strip of ribbon that hung from the top, whipping through the wind. Black writing that was suppose to give us hope, but it didn't.

The Safe Haven.

》》》》

A/N: Short chapter I know. But shit is about to go down.