Twenty

I groaned when I felt the end of the bat collide with my abdomen. The Cranks keep laughing as they each took a shot at me. The bald guy really loves his old bat...and the weapon in hands. The female Crank did a fancy twirl before her fist landed on my upper eyelid.

Chuck laughed as he pointed at me. "Again. Do it again."

I glared at him. I could feel my blood dripping down my forehead. The girl switched and this other Crank came over. This one is a bit different than the others though. He had veins around his body, but he didn't look that crazy. Shuck, he's the only one who looks seminormal.

 Shuck, he's the only one who looks seminormal

He had a crowbar in his hands. He twirled it around before he gave a little nod of approval. He swung it across my face with some much force, I screamed as I fell on the ground.

"Get up, Danny," A familiar voice said. The world started to spin. Dark spots clouded my vision as I looked up. My vision gets blurry, but all I could make up is the patch of blonde hair. "Come on, Danny. Get up. Fight back."

"Newt?" My voice cracked. He's not here. He's not here.

"Come on, Danny. You have to fight back."

I felt my shirt getting yanked. The bald guy lifted me up before he punched my jaw. I fell back down, but that didn't stop him. He kept laughing and laughing as he kicked me. Each one gaining more power.

"You have to stay alive," Newt said. "Stay alive."

I closed my eyes tightly before I felt another force. I grunted as the air got knocked out of me. I looked up to find Newt gone. He's right. I have to fight back. I have to show these shanks who's boss.

The guy was about to send another kick, but I brought my hands up and caught it. I grit my teeth together before I twisted his ankle. There was a satisfying snap before baldy yelled and collapsed on the floor.

"Kill her!" He yelled.

The first Cranks lunged at me, but I quickly grabbed the leader's bat and swung it across his face. The female growled at me before raising her broken shards at me. I ducked down before kicking her back. I brought the bat up and whacked her. There was some yelling behind me and I turned around to strike the next Crank in his nether region. He yelled as blood started to pool down.

I left the spikes there and brought my leg up to kick his chest. The guy fell back. I was about to attack again, but I felt a pair of arms wrapped around me and lifted me up.

"You bitch," I hear baldy sneer in my ear.

The normal looking Crank came up to me with a knife in his hands. I struggled to get free from my caption, but he squeezed harder.

"Kill her! Kill her! Kill her!" Chuck changed as ate some weird looking thing from a bin. He set me up.

I could practically see the bald guy smirking. "Finish her, Tony!"

Tony walked closer to me. He raised the knife up. I tried to show them I'm not scared. I'm not going to give them that satisfaction. I glared at Tony, waiting for him to finish me off.

Except when he brought the knife down, it didn't strike me. It sliced the bald guy's shoulder. The guy grit his teeth as he let me go.

Tony looked at me. "Run, Danielle, run!"

He didn't need to tell me twice. I spun around and started to run towards the ladder. My hands gripped the handles before I started climbing. I could see the sun illuminating through the small cracks.

I was almost there when Newt's voice stopped me. "No, Danny. Go back. Save him." Are you shucking me? First he tells me to escape, now he wants me to help. "He saved your life."

I sighed. "I hate it when you're right."

I jumped off the ladder and landed with a hard thud. I ignored the shock spreading through my legs and ran. When I got back I see the bald leader holding Tony up. He had him pinned to the wall as he struck him. I could see blood coming out of Tony's nose as well as his teeth was stained with it.

I found the bat a few feet away from them. I quickly ran over and picked it up. Baldy was not happy. I keep hearing cracking sounds with each punch. I can't let this Crank die. I ran towards them. I brought the bat out and hit the leader across his ribcage. He let Tony go. I raised the bat up again and bashed it against his skull. I heard a snap, but I didn't stop. I kept whacking the leader over and over again. Ignoring the fact that I'm getting covered by his blood.

I was about to strike down again, but a hand caught me midswing.

"Enough, he's dead," Tony informed me.

I kept panting as I looked at him before looking back down at the Crank. I felt my hands shake as I dropped the bat. I brought them up to see them tremble.

I took deep breathes as I looked at Tony. "Who are you?"

"My name is Antonio. But you can call me Tony."

He placed his hand out for me to shake, but I didn't move. He quickly pouted his lip before bringing his hand down.

"Why did you help me?"

Tony ignored me before looking around the sewers. "Let's get out of here before Jonah's friends find you."

I gave him a confused look. "Who?"

He motioned to the bald guy. "The guy's head you just smashed like it was nothing. Nice swing though." He knelt down and grabbed the bat before placing it in my hands. "I suggest you keep it. Who knows what else is lurking outside the sewers."

He walked around me and made his way towards the ladder. What? Who is this guy? From what I've seen, Cranks are crazy and psychotic. He's not, for some reason. I must be losing my mind. First, I imagined Chuck with me and now Newt.

Tony realized I wasn't behind him. "You coming?"

What choice do I have?

》》》》

A/N: Thoughts on Tony?

*Not edited. Got really excited for this chapter.*