Seventeen

It's been a good 30 minutes since Thomas and Jorge left. I felt useless being tied up. It didn't help that Chuck kept mocking me every second. He would laugh and dance around me. Every time I tried to move, one of the Cranks would yank my chains back. One of them tried to run their hand down my face, but I bit their wrist. That wasn't the best idea on my part because the Crank holding the chains around my neck would choke me, making Newt and Minho yell at them.

"Danny, you all right?" Newt asked after a while.

I opened my mouth to speak, but Minho beat me to it. "These slintheads choked her and pulled a good chunk of her hair out. No she's not all right."

"She wouldn't be in this bloody mess if you apologized in the first place. She's not going to fight all your battles for you."

"She's protecting her leader. Remember, Newt? She's a good little soldier doing what she's told." Minho, you did not just say that.

Newt glared at him. "And she's your friend. My girlfriend."

Chuck chuckled as he clapped his hands together. "Fight. Fight. Fight."

I shook my head. "Guys, stop," I gasped out as the chains rubbed my neck.

Minho raised his arms up. "No one told you two to date."

Chuck poked my sides. "This is funny."

The guys kept arguing back and forth about my safety. Chuck kept laughing and soon enough the Cranks were following his movements. I closed my eyes to block them out, but I couldn't. The laughter. Newt and Minho's arguing. Chuck's nonstop taunting. I had enough.

"Shut up!" I yelled. "Just shut up!" I opened my eyes as I panted. I don't know who I was yelling at. I didn't even mean to yell. I just wanted the noise to stop. I looked at Newt and gave him a little nod. "I'm ok."

Newt still looked unsure. Shuck, he wanted to come over here. He would have if Minho's arm wasn't in the way.

One of the Cranks started clapping frantically. "She's got a mouth on her. Yes she does." The girl pushed herself past the group. It was the same one who pulled my hair out. I tried to scurry away when she ran her rough fingers over my lips. "Oh, how I wish I could have a mouth like yours."

Another one snickered. "Maybe you can." My eyes widen when the Crank pulled out a glass shard and handed it to his friend. "They're going to taste so sweet."

"Don't you dare!" Newt yelled. Minho looked like he was about to attack, but a few of the Cranks blocked their view of me. "Don't you lay a hand on her!"

The girl laughed as she squeezed my cheeks. My eyes widen. I need to get out of my chains. She tipped the shard to the corner of my mouth. The other Cranks started to laugh. No, no, no. Not like this. Not now. I did what I know best. I fought.

I brought my leg up and kicked her in the shin. She yelped as she bent down to grab her leg. I brought my body forward and swung the Crank holding the chains over me. He collided with a few of his friends. I tried to move my arms, but they were still tied to my back. The girl snarled at me again and raised the broken glass up. She ran over, but I spun around and kicked her.

One Crank tried to punch me, but I ducked and headbutted his chin. I saw Newt a few feet away and ran towards him. Another Crank tried to grab me, but I used my shoulder and pushed him towards the wall. I continued making my way and let out a sigh of relief when Newt pulled me towards him.

"You still think she can't handle herself?" Minho asked sarcastically as he undid my binds.

"I don't think that's going to be a problem," Newt mumbled. We all looked to see the group of angry Cranks closing in on us. "This isn't good."

"Think we can take them?"

I glanced at Minho as he hissed. "Not at all."

The girl Crank walked up to us. She pointed the shard at me. "That one needs to die." I looked towards the corner of the room to see Chuck holding his hand over his mouth in an oooh motion.

Minho walked up. "You're not going to lay a hand on her." Chuck's smile got wider as he watched our little exchange.

The girl let out a bored sigh before she punched him. Minho fell back on to me and Newt before he recomposed himself and went after the girl. The guy, who had a knife, ran towards the pair. I ran after him and tackled him to the ground before he could pierce any skin. The Crank landed on the floor with a hard thud. He tried to roll us over, but I brought my fist up before slamming it into his eye. I brought it up again and collided it with his jaw. I grabbed his collar and hauled him up before throwing him towards the wall.

I looked over to see the chick on the ground as Minho kept bashing her head against the concrete. I heard the Crank groan and looked back to see him trying to get up. I walked over and kicked his chin. Then someone yelled behind me and I felt someone pull my hair. I yelled before I brought my elbow back. I heard a satisfying crunch as my captor let me go. I spun around and punched the guy in the throat.

"Hey! Stop. Stop!" I heard Thomas yell as he and Jorge ran down the corridor.

I was so distracted I didn't see the other Crank running. He punched my jaw, in return got him a kick in his...lower region.

"Everyone stop!" Thomas tried again.

Then there was this loud whistle. All the Cranks looked towards Jorge, who looked like he wanted to kill everyone in the room.

"That's enough!" Jorge yelled.

The Crank with short red hair pointed at me. "She attacked us."

"Because you tried to cut her shuck mouth off!" Minho yelled.

Jorge raised his hand. "I don't want to hear it! Now listen up! Me and the bird-face here have come to a resolution." Bird-face? Thomas? You know that's a good one. "First, we need to get these people food. I know it seems crazy to share our hard-earned grub with a bunch of strangers, but I think we could use their help. Give 'em the pork and beans - I'm sick of that horse crap anyway. Second, being the grand gentleman and saint I am, I've decided to not kill those who attacked me."

Jorge glared at Minho and me. I heard a few of the Cranks let out disappointing groans, even Chuck.

He pouted his lip as he crossed his arms. "Man, I wanted to watch someone die."

Jorge walked up to Minho and me. Minho, being the biggest shuckface he is, waved at everyone.

"Pretty happy, are you?" Jorge grunted. "That's good to know. Means you'll take the news well."

I furrowed my eyebrows. What news?

"What news?" Minho unmasked my thoughts.

I gave Thomas a pointed look and all he did was shrug his shoulders. He didn't know what news Jorge's talking about. Great.

Jorge continued talking. "After we get you strangers all fed so you don't go dying of starvation on us, you two get to have your punishment for attacking me."

"Oh, yeah?" Minho challenged. "And what's that gonna be?"

Jorge looked at Minho. "You punched me with both your fists. So we're gonna cut a finger off each hand." Jorge glanced at me and his smirk got wider. "And chica over here...she's got a good eye. Let's see how good she is with only one."