Three

So there isn't just one Maze. WICKED created another Maze, another trial, except that Glade was full of girls. It's just like ours. The only difference is that Aris was the only boy who got send up. I actually mean it. He was the only boy sent up. Why did their group get one guy while ours got two girls? It doesn't make sense. WICKED ran two of the same test but different subjects.

"Did they call you the Trigger?" Thomas asked Aris. He nodded. "And could you..." Thomas trailed off.

Thomas and Aris kept gazing at each other. No words were being spoken, they simply stared. I furrowed my eyebrows. Why are they looking at each other like that?

Newt even asked, "What's going on? Why're you guys looking at each other like you just fell in love?"

I leaned closer to his ear and whispered, "Maybe they did. This is going to upset Teresa."

"He can do it, too." Thomas said, his gaze never leaving Aris'.

"Do what?" Frypan asked.

"What do you think?" Minho answered. "He's a freak like Thomas. They can talk in each others heads."

Newt glared at Thomas, "Serious?" I thought the whole telepathy thing is cool, but now I'm reconsidering it. Aris would have yapped my head off.

Thomas ignored him. "Who killed her?"

I looked back and forth between the two, "Excuse me, kill who? Would you like to share with us? You know for the shanks who aren't telepathic." Then I grumbled under my breath. "More like telepathetic if you ask me." I thought no one heard me, but I was wrong when Minho chuckled.

Thomas' eyes began to water. "He had someone who could do this with him...like I do. He said they killed her. I want to know who they are."

Aris' head dropped. "I don't know who they are. I couldn't tell the good guys from the bad. But they made this girl Beth...stab...my friend." I suddenly felt bad for the kid. This girl was probably his Teresa. "Her name was Rachel. She's dead, man. She's dead." Aris covered his face with his hands.

So Beth was their Gally. Does that mean that Gally was suppose to kill Thomas? I got up from my spot and sat next to him. I placed my hand on his back. "I'm sorry." I choked back a few tears. "I know what's it like to lose someone you love." I ignored the looks the Gladers gave me. "But I need you to answer us. How many girls escaped with you? What happened to them? How did you end up with us?"

Aris finally looked up. He didn't tried to hide the fact he's crying. My hate for this guy is slowly slipping. "Look," He said. "I'm just as confused as everyone else. About thirty of us survived, they took us to that gym, fed us, cleaned us up. Then they brought me to this place last night, saying I should be separate since I'm a guy. Then you sticks show up."

"Sticks?" Minho repeated. Sticks must be their version of shanks.

"Nevermind. I don't even know what it means. Just a word they used when I got there."

Minho was half smiling at Thomas. For two different groups, we sure are alike.

"Hey," one of the Gladers called out. He pointed at Aris' neck. "What's that on the side of your neck? Something black, right below your collar."

Aris tried to look behind his neck. Unless he's an owl, I don't think he can do it. I grabbed the back of his collar and pulled it down. My eyebrows furrowed. "It's a tattoo," I said.

Minho got up from his bed and came over. "What does it say?"

I didn't answer. I blinked a few times to make sure it's real. Minho and Thomas came behind us to read the marking.