Twelve

Thomas came back a few minutes later. He didn't say anything besides go, run, get away as fast as possible. He stopped there and began sprinting away from the shack. But that doesn't really answer anything. Did he see Teresa? He must have. He wouldn't be acting like this if he didn't. We stopped after an hour or two later but kept walking. Thomas stood way behind the group. I kept glancing back to see him looking miserable. His eyes were glossy. Actually...he looked heartbroken.

I pulled away from Newt and went over to him. "You ok?" I whispered. Thomas gave me a small nod, but I could see right through his lie. "It was her, wasn't it?" He bit his lip, but nodded again. I gave him a sad look before wrapping my arm around him. "Oh, Tom Tom."

Minho stopped the group. He turned around and came over. Even though dawn was almost here, you could see he's not happy. "What kind of a shuck idiot are you, Thomas?"

I gave him a look. "Not now, Minho."

"No. It looks like it's the perfect time. This shank hasn't said anything." He placed his hands on hips while he looked at Thomas. "How could you do that? How could you just come out of there and take off like that? Without explaining anything? Since when is that how we do things? You slinthead."

"Minho!" I scolded. I get he's upset, but he didn't need to snap like that. Man, I want to flip him over again so much.

Thomas pulled me back. "Sorry," He muttered. "It was kinda traumatizing."

Minho raised his eyebrow. "Traumatizing? Who did you see in there? What did they say?"

Thomas glanced at me and I gave him a little nod. They should hear about this. "It was...it was Teresa."

None of the Glader's said anything. We were quiet until Minho broke it. "What? You're serious?" Thomas nodded. "And you just left her there? Dude, you need to start talking and tell us what happened."

And so he did. He told us how Teresa acted like Gally. That she was almost possessed. I can't believe this. Thomas looked like he was holding something back, but maybe it was for a good reason. I know he really cares about Teresa, so something else must have happen for him to look like that. He looked like he was in pain.

"Wow," Minho said in a weary voice. To be honest, I would have probably said the same thing.

We stood in silence after that. Some of the Gladers started coughing as the wind picked up and blew dust in front of us. The sun was rising and the town looked more far away. It looked like another days journey, if we don't run into any more complications

"It was some kind of trap," Thomas finally spoke. "I don't know what would have happened if we all went, or how many of us would have died. But I could see that there wasn't any doubt in her eyes when she broke away from whatever restrained her. She saved us, and I bet they make her...I bet they make her pay for it."

That made me froze. This is WICKED we're talking about. But if they wanted Teresa dead, they would have done it by now. If they were controlling her, then they would have made her kill herself in front of Thomas.

I even said that, well part of it. "I don't think they'll kill her. Teresa is a tough girl, she can handle herself."

Thomas let out a breath. "I know. Somehow I know."

Minho sighed. "We should've stopped a couple hours ago to get some sleep. But thanks to Mr. Desert Runner over here," Minho whacked Thomas in the back of his head. ",we ran ourselves ragged till the freaking sun came back up."

I scoffed. "He was traumatized. I'm pretty sure you'd be too if you saw your best friend like that."

Minho shrugged his shoulders. "No, I wouldn't." I raised my eyebrow at him. "I wouldn't. And I still think we need to rest for a while. Do it under the sheets, whatever, but let's try."

No one bothered to argue. I unwrapped my sheet before setting it on the ground. I was making sure it was long enough to cover the floor for Newt and I. I laid down on the sheet once I was satisfied while Newt got next to me and covered the both of us. I scoot a bit closer till my head laid on his chest. I didn't realize how tired I was until I felt Newt wrap his arm around me. I felt my eyes close and let sleep take over.

》》》》

A/N: Another chapter done. I am sorry about this, I am losing inspiration for this book but I don't want to stop it. It might take a little longer for me to update each chapter. But I promise to make them a little longer.

Not edited.