Fifteen

The wind started to pick up the more we were near the city. It created this huge fog if dust that made it hard for us to breathe. I had to squint my eyes to avoid dirt getting inside them.

"Watch out!" Minho yelled.

We all ducked when a huge branch flew by our heads. It kept going like that for a while. It would either be a branch, a piece of a roof tile, or a few pieces of paper. I looked up at the sky when lightning started to strike. Great, another thing we have to deal with.

A few Gladers jumped out of the way when a lightning bolt almost stuck them. It crashed on the ground and it created this burst of dirt. But we had to keep running. The sooner we were in the building, the sooner we get out of this terrible storm.

The storm was getting out of hand. Gladers tripping left and right. Newt would help me up, I would help him or Thomas. Every time lightning struck I felt shivers go down my spine. As time past by it was hard to see every Glader. If I wasn't holding Newt's hand I would have lost him in the dust storm. It was getting hard for us to breathe without dust entering out lungs. I wish we had scarves or something to cover our mouths with. Another bolt of lightning crashed down. I heard someone scream and I realized it was Thomas.

I squinted my eyes as I tried to look for him. "Thomas, you ok?!" I yelled. I know it's a stupid question, he might not even hear me.

Then this bright light zigzagged down. My eyes widen when I realized it was coming towards Newt and me. I quickly pushed him out of the way before I jumped back as it struck the ground. But the wind was so strong it knocked me back a few feet and I found myself rolling around the ground. I groaned as I slowly looked up. There was ringing in my ears as the world started to spin.

I saw a figure running towards me. I tried to focus on my vision as it got closer. Minho came over and quickly picked me up. I couldn't understand anything he was saying. But by the way he was yanking my arm, he was telling me we need to go. My lungs started to burn as we sprinted. Get to the building is out main goal.

I saw a bright light. Minho pushed me and I stumbled forward before I heard him yell. I turned back to see red as Minho's clothes got caught on fire.

"Minho!" I yelled as I ran towards him.

Minho screams filled the air as he dropped to the floor. No, no, no. I don't care if we're fighting, Minho's not going to die. I quickly got on my knees and started gathering up some dirt before I threw it on his body. Minho rolling around helped but the flame out, but I kept pounding my hands on his chest and back.

The fire died down, but I could still see the bruise and blisters that were forming on him. I wrapped Minho's arm around my shoulders, but froze when he screamed. He clutched his chest with his hand and gave me a nod. We moved as fast as we could towards the building.

It seemed like Zeus was mad at us as he continued to throw lightning bolts. I wanted to sigh in relief when the building was a few feet away. I stopped when another lightning bolt hit one of the buildings, making glass shards come crashing down. I pulled Minho down and used my body to shield him as the glass shards came towards us. I grit my teeth together when I felt a few sharp tips scratched my back. When they stopped, I wrapped Minho's arm around my shoulders while I wrapped mine around his torso.

I ignored the stinging sensation as I dragged him with me. We reached the building a few minutes later. I spotted Thomas waving us over while he held the broken glass door open for us. The moment Minho and I set foot in the building, I collapsed. I tried to catch my breath as I slowly turned my head and looked at him. My chest tightened when I see how burnt Minho looked.

"I hate it when we fight," I panted.

Minho coughed in pain, but I could see the little nod. "Me, too. I'm sorry, Tiger. You might be a girl, but you're still the best shuckface here."