Eighteen

I never wanted to punch someone so much in my life. Does Jorge really think I'm going to cut my own eye out? How is that going to help escape the Cranks anyway? These Cranks kept hollering and cheering at the mere thought of Minho and I with severe body parts. Minho was just as furious as I am about this. He was about to charge at Jorge again, but I see this brunette coming out and charging towards him. Something silver peaking at her hand.

I pushed Minho behind me and ran towards her. I kicked the knife up before I punched her. She stumbled back as I picked up her blade from the ground. The chick tried to punch me, but I twisted her arm around and pulled her against me. I had her in a tight hold as I held the blade close to her neck. The blade was so tight with one wrong move, she's dead.

I glared at each Crank as they got into a fighting stance. "I wouldn't do that if I were you."

One Crank sneered at me before he took a step forward. Jorge blocked his path with his arm. He raised one hand in surrender before stepping up. "Put the blade away, chica. There's no need for violence."

"This coming from the guy who wanted to gauge me eye out."

"Dan -" Thomas started, but Jorge continued.

"Look, Brenda and I will escort you moochers to our stash, let you get something to eat." Moochers? "Then we'll meet with the group at the Tower in a hour." He glanced at his watch. "Made that noon on the dot. We'll bring lunch to the rest of them."

"Why just you and Brenda?" One Crank asked. "Did you not see what that chick just did? Not only that, there's a bunch of them and only two of you. They could jump you."

"Oh, no, you figured us out," I said sarcastically.

Jorge glared at me before looking at the old guy. "Thanks for the math lesson, Barkley. Next time I forget how many toes I have, I'll be sure and spend some counting time with you. For now, shut your flappin' lips and lead everybody back to the Tower. If these punks try anything, Brenda will slash Mr. Minho to tiny bits while I beat the living hell out of the rest of 'em."

"Not unless Tiger kills her first," Minho calmly stated. I couldn't help but hear that small pride in his voice. And to prove his point, I held the blade even close and felt a drop of blood on my hand.

Jorge yelled at everyone to leave. The older Crank, Barkley, glared at me before he followed his friends. Once I know that it was safe, I pushed the chick - who I'm assuming is Brenda - on the ground. She glared up at me as I knelt down to her eye level.

"Kill her. Kill her. Kill her," Chuck chanted from behind her, but I ignored him.

"I don't care if you're helping us. Charge at me or any of my friends again, I won't be afraid to chain you upside down and leave you bleeding," I sneered.

Minho leaned towards Newt. "This makes me like your girlfriend even more."

I would have groaned with Newt and Frypan, but I didn't. I dropped the knife next to her before I got up. Chuck whined as he pouted his lip and crossed his arms together.

"At least I know I'm not the only Crank here," Brenda said as she stood up. "She's even more gone than me."

Jorge stood next to her. "None of us are crazy yet. But it won't be long. Come on. We need to get to the stash and put some food in you people. You all look like a bunch of starved zombies."

I don't like that idea one bit and I'm glad Minho didn't like it either. "You think I'm just gonna waltz over to have a sit-down with you psychos, then let you cut my freaking fingers off?" He asked.

"Or make me gauge my eye out?" I added.

"Will you two shut up for once," Thomas snapped. I raised my eyebrow at him as I crossed my arms. "Let's go eat. I don't care what happens to either of you after that."