Do I Know You ? - Jim Moriarty Part 3

My feet thumped against the hard context blocks that framed the streets near and around 221b. My headphones pumping music through my ears to keep me running on.

Slowing down my run I look up at the sky. The colour of steel, the clouds beginning to grow light rain drizzling down from the sky causing my clothes and hair to become spotted with raindrops.

Placing my hands in my pockets, as I usually do I wound down my run with a stroll through Convent Garden, I chose a bench that looked over the pond.

A memory bubbles to the surface.

It was summer. A boat, I was on a boat. Slowly being rowed across the pond, the sun beaming down onto my face, warming my cheeks.

My eyes look over to the man rowing, his face was blurred.

My eyebrows knit together, my arm reaches out to touch his face, the blur ripples then starts to become steady, just like the pond beneath us.

Jim Moriarty.

He was the man I loved.

That I still love, I assured myself of this.

The will to find him overcame my body, I had tell him that I love him, my eyes glanced down at the opal ring that hugged my ring finger.

Opal. I remember.

I remember everything.

******

My hands twist the tap on the bath, the warm water quickly filling up the tub. Soaking in it, my body melts into the water, my muscles relaxing into the warm water that seemed to swallow me in.

Changing into my usual garb, jeans and a t-shirt. I walk quickly to the door, I stop turning back and writing a quick note for John and Elise to read.

'I won't be gone long, just gone for a walk be back soon.
Much love,
Annette'

The same expensive car pulled in front of me, Jim stepped out straightening his suit, his face like stone.

"I'm sorry I didn't recognise you but I-" I ramble being cut short.

"I know my love, I was informed the minute I got back after that day, lets just say a few men didn't make it home for dinner" He chuckles, a smile dancing at the edge of his lips.

"Yeah..." I sigh, laughing along remembering the fun we had.

"I've missed you" He sighed opening his arms, I walked into them hugging him tightly, breathing in the scent of his cologne.

"I can't wait to get married" I smiled looking at him, he cupped the side of my face planting a soft kiss onto my lips.

When we parted he laced his fingers with mine, ushering me into the car, holding the door open for me.

I couldn't wait to get home.