When white meets grey - BEASTARS {2}

"I'm ready when you are" I say to her, she smiles and covers her mouth with her hand as we walk down the corridor.

"I'm sorry" She sighs, her gaze on the floor.

"It's alright as long as you don't show them to any Herbivores, you should be fine" I say, placing my hands into my pockets.

Everyone's looking again.

I look at Kyouko, her eyes are on her hands, ears pointed down and her tail trying to hide it. It's not me they're looking at.

It's her.

"You'll get used t-" I start

"To it, I know but you see, this is my first time in a school," She starts, she looks over to me and we lock eyes "I was homeschooled, and I obviously had access to the interest and so when I saw the story of the grey wolf that saved the little dwarf rabbit all for it to be swept under the rug," She has spark in her eyes, something mysterious "I spent most of my life in solitude so I picked up a few things on tech, I found out that she went to this school so I came for the open day the last week before summer, I'm a fan of gardening myself," Oh Haru, it seems that I won't get my chance after all "As you know she didn't have many friends and after the open day she and I were pen-pals and we told each other everything, she was upset that no-one was going to be able to look after her flowers, I couldn't let her work go to waste so I convinced my parents that I should enrol here so that I could 'finally experience teenage life' I guess I wasn't expecting so much attention" She lets out and awkward sigh as she stops and looks to me.

I look at her and we stand holding eye contact, I can't look away from her eyes. Her eyes are much softer than the other female wolves I've seen, I want to know more about her.

That's not creepy at all. Well say something, geez keep staring at her and she'll think you are a creep.

"It sounds like you and Haru seem to have a lot in common," More than she knows, I look down at my watch "It's almost lunch, d'you wanna eat together?" I ask.

Oh god what was I thinking why would she wanna sit with me, she's probably already got loads of other wolves she'd have lunch with other than me.

"Sure, I don't really know my way around it would be great to have a guide" She responds, the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

She doesn't know her way around, I hope that she at least knows the way to classes or her dorm at least.

"D'you not have a map?" Oh god that sounded forward didn't it.

"Yeah, d'you think you'd be able to help me with it, I don't really have any luck reading maps, I can never understand them" She sighs, she pulls out a folded piece of paper from her uniform pocket.

"Oh this one's from last term, d'you have a pencil?" I ask, she looks in her pockets and doesn't seem to have one. We stop walking and I crouch on the hallway floor opening my bag and quickly finding a mechanical pencil.

"D'you mind if I-"

"Sure, go ahead" She breathes, handing me her nap of the campus. I quickly look over it, crossing out and replacing the subjects of each classroom.

"Here, d'you have a schedule as well?" I ask.

Jeez Legoshi, you seem oddly confident today what's gotten you so talkative.

She hums in reply folding up the map and passing me her schedule as we walk towards the lunch hall.